The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We are a diverse team passionate about delivering great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We are an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our team. As an Internal Auditor, you will utilize your experience to lead and execute projects in the areas of governance, compliance, financial management and risk management. As an Internal Auditor at the OCS, you will conduct independent, objective, and constructive assessments of the adequacy and effectiveness of OCS processes to identify and mitigate significant risks across the organization. You will provide consultations and advice to clients on the use and evaluation of risk management and assist with technical training and testing.
As part of the Internal Audit team, you will ensure accuracy and integrity of OCS financial and operational information by utilizing your understanding of current reporting controls, operational best practices, and compliance objectives. In this role, you will demonstrate your attention to details, analytical, documentation and project management skills to successfully execute complex audit engagements while communicating closely with business units to review recommended process and control enhancements.
About Your Day
- Design and execute compliance, financial and operational audit programs
- Collaborate with process owners and Internal Audit team to enhance business process understanding, identify key risks in each process and develop viable and appropriate remediation action plans to address deficiencies
- Use analytical tools and methodologies to analyze data and identify process improvement opportunities
- Evaluate audit observations and draft recommendations to improve policies, processes, and procedures
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders, consistently providing exceptional communications and consultation while monitoring progress, managing risks, and ensuring stakeholders are informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Execute and coordinate audit compliance activities as determined in Internal Audit workplan and as required by Ministry of Finance (MOF), Office of Auditor General (OAGO) and external audit functions
- Promote an audit awareness culture by engaging in customized audit education programs and communications
- Support Internal Audit team with day-to-day activities.
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field of study and/or combination of education and experience
- Professional accounting designation (CPA/CA/CIA/CMA/CGA). CPA and/or CIA is preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in internal or external audit and risk management. Experience in ICFR and ITGC is beneficial
- Ability to work independently, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Team player with a sense of commitment and the ability to develop relationships across the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with intermediate skills in Excel
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within GTA
- Application Deadline: June 24, 2022, at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs