Position Title: HVAC Technician
Reports To: _ Facilities Manager_
Hours: _ Full-time_
Home Location: _ Easthampton, MA; Some travel to other MA locations required_
The HVAC Technician is responsible for operating, inspecting and maintaining all HVAC equipment and systems in the facility in order to maximize equipment life expectancy, minimize downtime and services while maximizing cultivation yields. An ideal candidate will identify and diagnose equipment issues, and keep detailed records of maintenance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspects buildings and equipment according to a pre-established checklist to ensure the facility and its systems are functional systems. Prepares recommendations for needed repairs and schedules repairs as necessary.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to minimize downtime and service requests.
- Applies the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units.
- Maintains equipment to simultaneously control space temperature, humidity, cleanliness, and distribution. Uses the psychrometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties.
- Identifies and diagnoses electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Orders parts and maintains required documents.
- Performs emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Installs, maintains and repairs ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifies maintenance risks on equipment.
- Keeps logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensures compliance with appliance standards and with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to respond to issues or problems rapidly.
- Manages HVAC contractors and HVAC technicians, ensuring proper installation and that engineered specifications are strictly adhered to.
Qualifications and Skills
- HVAC Certification Required.
- Three to five years of working experience in HVAC field while supervising others.
- Understanding of electrical, HVAC, plumbing and carpentry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given and work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for at least 8 hours per day
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb a ladder, kneel, stoop, and bend at the waist regularly
- Manual dexterity needed for completing equipment installations and maintenance
- Visual acuity needed for reading screens and fine print
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Consistent moderate to high background noise level due to machinery, environmental systems, and fans
- Exposure to cannabis odor
- Exposure to skin contact with plant resins, to which some individuals may be allergic (PPE provided)
- Exposure to moderate heat and humidity in bloom rooms
Job Type: Full-time