As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting employees in a wide variety of areas such as onboarding, leave administration, benefits administration, employee relations, Workers Compensation, terminations, compliance, and special projects. The HR Generalist will ensure that employee relations functions conform to all applicable regulatory requirements and work closely with the management team in supporting and promoting policies and procedures. This role works in partnership with the HR Manager, communicating with employees regarding questions using fair and consistent application of policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor to employees on location - helping to resolve employee relations issues and knowing when and how to direct questions and escalate matters when needed.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Maintain records of employee transactions: hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Addresses employees' concerns, union grievances and perform all necessary investigations with recommendations for disciplinary action of violation of any company policies.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Assist in the implementation of human resource policies
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new rewards and benefits
- Assist with the open enrollment process and ensure benefit enrollments and terminations are processed timely
- Recommend innovative approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed
- Provide support and guidance to the HR Assistant and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise
- Manage all administrative activities and HRIS transactions regarding employee changes, hires, and tracking of performance management.
- A minimum of 4 years of increasingly responsible experience as an HR Assistant or HR Generalist is required
- Strong project management and follow-through skills; ability to organize and drive completion of multiple projects.
- Ability to tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with solid business and accurate judgment
- Proven ability to work independently and make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis regarding assigned and ad hoc duties with limited direction from the Human Resources Manager
- Experience in supporting and coaching HR Assistants or Associates, preferred
- Must meet the age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Professional certifications such as PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain an elevated level of confidentiality and to handle difficult and/or sensitive situations
- Exceptional integrity. Trustworthy, credible, unbiased, and willing to share information and serve as a mentor
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, HRIS (Kronos Experience preferred), TEAMS, Canva, etc.
- Investigation skillset a plus
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- No direct reports, but leads project teams
This person will primarily work in an office setting but may be exposed to odors from within a Cultivation/Production facility. This person will be travelling between dispensaries and Cultivation/Production facilities within AYR Wellness.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment while handling occasional high stress
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods as well as move about inside facility
- Frequently lift or move up to 10lbs.
- Repetitive movements
$60K - $70K per year
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.