The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a critical role on Green Thumb's People Team. This role will be based out of our New Jersey and Maryland markets and support a specific region of retail locations as we look to rapidly and sustainably scale. The HRBP aligns business objectives, HR strategy and talent to scale our rapid growth. The HR Business Partner assesses and anticipates talent and development needs for the designated employee population, communicating proactively with the Retail Regional Director and Retail Leadership to develop integrated solutions that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
Our ideal candidate will possess strong working knowledge, with a progressive approach, of traditional human resources functions including employee relations, talent and performance management, labor relations, employment law and generalist understanding of benefits, leaves and recruitment You are deliberate and thoughtful in your approach to business leaders with the goal of creating a high performing, engaged team. You are a strategic thinker, a leader, and most importantly, someone who enjoys the high-touch approach in an ever-changing environment.
- Talent and Performance Management: Identify talent needs, risks, and gaps. Strategize with business leaders and make recommendations to maximize our team's performance through developing and defining career paths/opportunities, engagement, talent development and succession planning, and performance evaluations. Support the implementation of new solutions to close gaps and build bench strength.
- Culture Champion: As a member of the People team, you are part of the heartbeat of Green Thumb; you will assist in how to scale and enhance our culture as it relates to employee engagement and becoming a best place to work in the cannabis industry.
- Employee Relations: Serve as a confidential resource to employees and managers to support and escalate employee relations issues in partnership with Employee Relations. Complete thorough investigations of issues and advise business leaders appropriately.
- Change Management: Advise, and when necessary, lead in change management initiatives in business units. Clearly understand the strategic move and assist with a communication plan, presenting recommendations to mitigate risks and ensure success in the change.
- Implement & Execution Programs and Processes: Bring innovative thought to the creation, planning, roll-out and the maintenance of programs and processes for a consistent and scalable approach.
- Relationship Management: Create and maintain strong and trusting relationships across the organization; partner cross-functionally with the Retail management and leadership team, internal People team to ensure that the team can grow, scale, and exceed business objectives.
- Employment Law and Leave Policies/Administration: Well-versed in federal and state employment law and fluent in leave policies and administration for our employees. Partner with our Total Rewards team to help our employees understand their role in the leave process.
- Project Management Support: There will be one-off projects, process improvements, and ability to partner with other Centers of Excellence, specifically with Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent & Org Development and Employee Relations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development required; SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP Certification, preferred
- 7+ years of experience as a strategic HR Business Partner experience; Hands-on business experience with premier, market-leading companies with COE structures
- Experience supporting a retail or high-growth, fast-paced and complex work environment
- Experience with large population of hourly employees and providing regional support, a plus
- Experience leading in union environments strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to influence and confidently interface with all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated, self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective organization and planning skills as well as solid analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills – our systems and processes are manual and at times, administrative – must be able to keep up with proper documentation, filing and follow-up
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to integrate HR and business strategies: understanding of business/financial metrics and experience with managing the challenges associated with selected business partnerships, mergers/acquisitions, and organizational restructuring
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and coaching skills
- Operationally strong, detail obsessed. Sees the big picture and understands how things connect. Must be able to operate at both strategical and tactical levels and appreciates that sorting the details is a requirement
- Track record of partnering with the leadership team and hands-on execution
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry