HR SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Job location: Anywhere in Canada
Employment type: Contract (12 months) in a remote environment
Division: Human Resources
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you an ambitious professional looking to elevate your career in HR? Do you thrive in a team dynamic where you can have fun while being the best? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We’re searching for a motivated professional to join our team as a HR Services Administrator. In this role, you be an integral member of our Aurora Community and collaborate with our HR team to nurture the ultimate employee experience with our services, programs, and platforms. You will be the first point of contact for day-to-day employee inquiries and transactions and support our team with maintaining efficient operations within our HRIS system.
This is the perfect opportunity for you if you're looking to grow your career within HR and work with a talented team of professionals, dedicated to supporting your success throughout all aspects of your journey here at Aurora. You will gain practical experience with our HRIS system and HR processes and be equipped with the toolkit you need to make an impact. Sound exciting? Here is a little more…
As the HR Services Administrator, you will…
- Provide exceptional support to employees by acting as the first point of contact for all administrative HR and HRIS inquiries and escalating matters to team members when applicable
- Support full cycle administrative and data transactions within the HRIS system by processing employee lifecycle events, initiating onboarding and offboarding functions, providing user support and troubleshooting issues with applicable team members
- Maintain accurate employee data and records by performing audits in collaboration with team members, identifying and resolving discrepancies and organizing employee files
- Assist with day-to-day operational activities such as updating SharePoint documents, facilitating ad hoc reporting, and supporting cross-functional teams with HR matters
- Collaborate with key team members to support continuous evolvement of internal HRIS and HR processes by conducting research, compiling data, creating documents and templates, scheduling meetings, and making recommendations for enhancements
You’re the perfect fit for this role if you have…
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience in Human Resources or Payroll Administration (these credentials appear to match the candidate profile we are looking for but we’re ready to be convinced otherwise)
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Human Resources, Business Administration or Accounting (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Previous experience with HRIS Systems (SuccessFactors and Dayforce preferred) and processing various payroll and HR data transactions
- Proficiency with core Microsoft Office products (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- A culture champion who thrives in a team dynamic and is excited about building their career at Aurora
- A self-starter with sound judgement who is capable of handling change and working from the ground up on systems and processes
- An organized professional with exceptional attention to detail who excels when making checklists and getting things done
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
Total Rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, company SWAG, team activities, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we! Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity.
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.