ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting their client groups in Software Engineering, Product, Design, IT & Business Technology.
As HR Business Partner, you will provide hands-on support to enhance organizational effectiveness by integrating various people & culture focused programs and practices. You will work closely with the leadership team to deliver full employee life cycle talent and people programs, supporting leaders in effectively managing engagement and culture within their organizations.
You will bring a background in organizational and change management practices to help leaders design their organizations for scale and agility. You will be a champion for our amazing and unique culture to ensure that we are embodying the Leafly Guiding Principles. This position entails both strategic and tactical functions – assessing the needs of the business and translating those into actions that will help grow and develop the business, its leaders and employees.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and leaders regarding employee performance, workforce planning, career development, policies, and employment laws.
- Provide coaching and guidance to leaders on maintaining positive employee relations for a wide range of issues, including investigations in response to employee relations issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results.
- Implement, maintain, and administer HR policies and programs while fostering a high performing, collaborative culture.
- Identify development opportunities, working with leaders and high talent on career development and succession activities.
- Use analytics to educate leaders on the people's measures in their business, helping to drive for improvements and continuous feedback.
- With in-depth understanding of the business, recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the talent acquisition team to identify talent and succession gaps, plan for attrition and build a talent bench that will allow the business and functional areas to scale.
- Develop and implement communication and engagement strategies.
- Understand the goals and priorities of our Leafly business and provide appropriate information, coaching and HR expertise to support achieving business objectives.
- Facilitate HR training & rewards programs as needed
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years in an HR Business Partner or HR management role required.
- Ability to assess, design and recommend organization changes.
- Strong working knowledge of US employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot and resolve employment risk issues.
- Proven experience in coaching, developing and influencing leadership teams with a strong balance of EQ and business acumen.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, leadership, and prioritization skills, including the ability to navigate ambiguous situations and manage multiple tasks/projects at one time.
- High level business acumen and a passion to drive results by being proactive to address current and future business problems.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, and managers of all levels, across departments.
- Demonstrated success in building and managing HR Programs.
- Coaching and mentoring experience at the management level.
- Proficiency in Office 365 Suite, various HRIS systems, and/or Google Suite.
WHAT CAN HELP YOU STAND OUT
- Experience in high tech and/or growth environment
- PHR/SHRM certification.
- Creating Talent Management source material & career development plans.
- Exposure to developing and leading diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in a company.
WHAT LEAFLY CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full coverage on health & dental plans
- 401k matching up to 3.5%
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote with WFH allowance
- Cell Phone allowance
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Built as a strain database more than a decade ago, Leafly has played a critical role in destigmatizing cannabis use and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We’ve parlayed our strains expertise to become the largest legal cannabis marketplace in the U.S market. We have 100 million people visiting our site each year, to buy cannabis from their local dispensary to be picked up or delivered to their home. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.