Health, Safety & Environmental Officer - Winnipeg, MB
Meet Manitoba Harvest
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods is a part of the Fresh Hemp Foods Ltd brand family. Fresh Hemp Foods Ltd is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of hemp foods since 1998. We believe that hemp can inspire a better way, a better life and a better world. Our purpose is to transform the health of our planet and its people through the power of Hemp.
We do it the Manitoba way- with honesty, mindfulness and courage along with our commitment to quality even when no one is looking. At Manitoba Harvest, we are proud to be a Certified B Corporation among a community of companies who meet higher standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
Our culture fosters entrepreneurial behaviors and collaborative solution discovery. We value always doing the right thing, humility, serving the community, passion, productive discussion, and fun. As we harvest & harness the power of Hemp, we are cultivating the world in which we want to live. One full of strong bodies, healthy hearts & open minds. We are looking for team members who will embrace our purpose, believe in our values, fuel our culture, and spread the power of Hemp
Reporting to the Corporate Health and Safety Manager and to the local Plant Operations Team, the Health and Safety Officer, will be responsible for managing the maintenance and administration of Manitoba Harvest’s health, safety and environmental policies and programs, in accordance with organizational standards and legal regulatory requirements. You will take a proactive approach to health, safety & environmental protection to drive continuous improvement and help promote a positive safety culture across our sites. Additionally, you will partner with other HSE professionals across the organization to collaborate and assist in the creation of practices, procedures and policies as you support Manitoba Harvest’s management and employees.
This position will be responsible for both our Winnipeg and Ste. Agathe, MB locations and will work between as required.
- Lead, develop, support, and promote a positive safety culture throughout the organization
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements related to Health, Safety and Environmental
- Develop, update and maintain all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and programs
- Ensure Safe Work Procedures are currently updated and complete for all work centers and tasks
- Identify improvement opportunities, develop and implement industry best practices and corrective actions
- Identify and deliver all required Safety training programs including new hire orientation
- Lead in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause and corrective actions
- Provide regular statistical reports on all safety incidents and injuries
- Assist operations in educating and training team members in the safety risks associated with their job and monitor competency
- Communicate areas for concern, corrective action, and suggested policy updates to management
- Guide, support and advise the Joint Health and Safety Committee to ensure that the Committee is empowered within the requirements of legislation
- Perform regular inspections at workplaces and take necessary action to ensure compliance
- Coordinate and manage injury/illness claims with WCB, Human Resources, health professionals, and employees
- In collaboration with Human Resources, maintain a Return-to-Work Program
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Post-Secondary education in Occupation Health and Safety
- 1-2 years of health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations and Safe Work Practices
- Industry knowledge of safety best practices
- Knowledge on Environmental regulations an asset
- Possess current training certifications, First Aid, WHMIS, Forklift, Confined Space, Lock Out etc.., or willing to obtain
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Experience with injury Case Management, WCB disability management, accident investigation, workplace inspection and job hazard analysis is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
What Manitoba Harvest has to offer you:
- Growth opportunities
- Extended health benefits
- Corporate-sponsored professional development opportunities
- A strong and ethical culture
- Complimentary company product
- Education reimbursement benefits
- Paid community volunteering opportunities
- Wellness days
About Tilray Brands Inc.
Tilray Brands is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to \email@example.com