Non-Exempt/Full-time (40 +/- weekly hours)
Reports To: Director of Cultivation
It is the policy of The Verdes Foundation to provide equal employment (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Verdes Foundation, will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This Harvest Assistant is required to collect and separate live cannabis plants. The Harvest Assistant will also require proper handling and drying of the cannabis flower. Additionally, attention to detail will be required when recording data associated with the cannabis plant, flower, and process.
- Retrieve live plants from Grow Rooms.
- Process plants by separating them into flower, trim, and waste.
- Operate and maintain heavy trimming and bucking machinery.
- Transfer flower and trim to Dry/Cure intake.
- Accurately track and transfer barcode labels with associated trim and flower batches.
- Clear harvested areas of grow rooms of plant debris, containers, and grow supplies.
- Wash and sanitize harvested grow pots and trays. Dispose of grow media and other waste appropriately.
- Assist Grow Team, Dry/Cure Team, or other departments when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Work a 40 +/- hour work week including, at times, holidays, weekends, snow days, etc. Consecutive scheduled days off not always possible
- Ability to read, understand, and perform Verdes’ Harvesting standard operating procedures that includes accurately reading and writing dates, barcodes, and weights
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written; text & email; tact & diplomacy)
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills (for example: organizing bar codes and harvest logs accurately)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing, & challenging environment
- Must past HIPAA test
- Must pass a state and national criminal background check
- Reliable transportation
- Multi-task skills (for example: run a trimmer while weighing a plant and tracking data)
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Sweep, clean and maintain facility, including breakroom, and bathroom (shared responsibility)
- Shall constantly maintain cleanliness and sanitation of workstations, harvest areas, and equipment
- Clean up after yourself
Computer Preferred Qualifications:
- General familiarity with email (Outlook)
- Microsoft Office 365
Physical and Emotional Requirements:
- Emotional Intelligence: self-awareness, self-management, empathy, relationship management
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day
- Able to remain stationary, while performing repetitive motion for most of each day
- Must be able to lift, hold, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a confined area
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, climb, & reach
- Must be able to tolerate a reasonable amount of work stress
- Shall work in adverse environmental conditions at times including hot, cold, humid, confined, strong smells, and other
- Shall work with dirty and laborious activities at times during transplanting & room turnovers
- Will work with live & dry plants some of which can be irritants to the eyes, ears, and nose
Compensation -DOE; 40 hours/wk., required Mon – Fri, some weekends and holidays as needed, daily schedule to be determined
$1000 Professional Development Reimbursement
Two days of paid time off in addition to standard PTO allotment.
PTO (112 hours/year in first year of employment, front-loaded, tenure-based increases)
Health Insurance with employer contribution
Vision Insurance with employer contribution
Dental Insurance with employer contribution
Employee Assistance Program: 100% employer paid premium
Employer paid Basic Life Insurance ($10k coverage) plus Voluntary Life Insurance (100% employee paid)
401K (automatic enrollment at 3%)
20% Employee Discount
Loyalty Program - 3% cash back to be used towards any Verdes purchase