Grow Team Member - Duncan, BC
Broken Coast Cannabis LTD. is looking for full-time Production Associates to work in the Production department of our busy cannabis production facility.
Successful applicants will have experience working in a regulated production environment, preferably in the area of food, pharmaceuticals, or cannabis. This position will require you to work directly with our product throughout various processes such as harvesting, processing, and packaging. The shift will be 7:30am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
WHO WE ARE
Broken Coast is a federally licensed cultivator and processor of cannabis under the Cannabis Regulations, located in Duncan, BC. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated and pride ourselves on our quality product and personal service.
- Assist in the Coordination of production schedules
- Work with the Master Grower or designate on the performance of production employees while maintaining a safe clean and compliant workplace
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities, with production and quality assurance, setting clear expectations of the work to be done with the colleagues to ensure product quality
- Complete all documentation to meet the company GMP standards requirements
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, and safety
- Provide leadership for problem and conflict resolution
- Follow and contribute to the improvement of the Cultural Program
- Any other duty deemed essential as requested by the Head Grower
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An interest in Horticulture
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong inventory and production management skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift objects on a regular basis, and perform daily repetitive tasks
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects, and involves bending and reaching
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Inclusivity and Accommodation: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Broken Coast is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Keeping our employees safe is our number one priority. To do so we are currently holding phone and video interviews. We have also introduced the following measures at our facilities:
Restricted visitor access
Installation of physical barriers & additional hand washing stations.
Staggered shifts and break times
Mandatory mask policy & supplied PPE
Enhanced sanitation measures
Social distancing policies & monitoring
Daily health checks
Broken Coast thanks all applicants in advance for your interest but only those selected for interview will be contacted- we look forward to hearing from you!