Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States.
Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America.
Employing a consumer-packaged goods ( CPG ) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal.
Sunnyside\*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction.
Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis.
As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a dynamic Junior Graphic Designer with experience in print and digital design to join our growing in-house creative team (The Hotbox) in Chicago, IL.
The Hotbox oversees all B2B and B2C creative, design, and production work across multiple channels including digital, print, social, ecommerce, in-store, loyalty and more.
The Junior Graphic Designer will be responsible for executing a variety of print and digital deliverables for both retail and wholesale brands including, but not limited to, web, email, social media, in-store signage, printed sales sheets, leave-behinds, collateral, events as well as internal communications.
In this position, you will work with cross-functional partners helping to build one of the strongest national footprints within the cannabis industry.
The Junior Graphic Designer will work under the supervision of the Senior Graphic Designer.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Production Design and Senior Graphic Designer to carry out Hotbox Design projects.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with the brand and retail marketing and project management teams to develop, best-in-class designs for print and digital channels.
- Translate complex briefs into attractive visual concepts that are effective, consumer-friendly, and demonstrate an underlying knowledge of both the brand guidelines and strategic business goals.
- Manage multiple projects at a time including those with quick turn arounds in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Execute appropriate creative and content changes requested thru the review process, checking all work against requested changes before submitting for next review
- Exercise independent judgement, make definitive choices and problem solve.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external business partners maintaining a high level of quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Stay abreast of and capitalizes on emerging design and industry trends.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Up to 3 years of professional graphic design experience (in-house or agency)
- Portfolio demonstrating experience in corporate marketing and design
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. After Effects and Adobe XD a plus.
- Experience designing for both print and digital channels
- Detail-oriented with strong knowledge of typography, color, hierarchy and balance.
- Familiarity with user experience and social content strategy
- Basic understanding of production design standards and building files to spec
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills with ability to explain rationale behind design decisions to key stake holders
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021.
If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins.
If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA / HSA programs, LTD / STD options, life insurance and AD&D.
We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program.
Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated : 2022-07-12