General Manager, WM Retail
Weedmaps is looking for an innovative and experienced business leader with a track record for driving and scaling new product capabilities from concept to successful launch and market leadership to lead the cannabis platform that powers the cannabis industry. As the GM of our WM Retail Point-of-Sale platform, you will be the leader internally and externally for our POS (Point-of-Sale) Solution for retailers and be responsible for formulating and executing a market-winning product and business strategy. This leader is accountable for product roadmap, adoption, GMV, and pipeline growth for the product line, working in strong collaboration with our go-to-market strategy, sales, customer success, partnership, and marketing teams. The individual is expected to work with senior-level internal & external customer stakeholders to drive adoption and ensure customer adoption, use, and satisfaction across markets. This position reports to the GM, WM Business and will be working daily with the SVPs of Product & Engineering to drive the POS platform forward. This position will also have direct reports leading product management, GTM and Support functions for WM Retail.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Serve as the General Manager and owner responsible for the delivery and growth of WM Retail platform adoption, active use, GMV, and market penetration.
- Conduct market research and user interviews to determine product-market fit in a highly regulated industry.
- Define, develop and execute the platform go-to market strategy & plan in collaboration with marketing, sales, customer success, sales support, and B2B teams.
- Be responsible for ensuring the overall end to end business product life cycle meets the business needs. This includes partnering with Product and Engineering as well as subject matter experts to drive: market analysis and needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, functional specification all the way through to customer enablement and success.
- Lead the sales and customer success to ensure continued customer success, multi-product adoption, ACV, revenue and market share growth.
- Perform the role of champion to promote and evangelize the product and new features with marketing, sales, customer success, support, agencies, partners, and customers.
- Engage directly with customers during pre-sales and post-sales implementations to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes.
- Develop and nurture high performance cross functional teams and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Lead strategic planning for and delivery of expansion of the WMR platform products into new and existing markets.
- Work with engineering, product, and marketing teams to successfully deliver products.
What You’ve Accomplished
- Proven business leadership and results in a fast-paced, high-growth B2B SaaS business as evidenced by market share gain and leadership
- Strong command of B2B SaaS business strategy development across disparate and changing markets
- Experience in building, selling, marketing and scaling B2B SaaS technology products
- A strong sense of vision and ability to mobilize product, engineering and business teams to continue innovating to drive market leadership and customer success.
- Appreciation for the unique requirements of the B2B customer and how they differ from B2C, as well as where needs overlap at a commercial and product level
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in senior-level business discussions
- Equivalent of 15+ years of business leadership and development, operations, product management, and/or growth strategy experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related disciplines or equivalent experience in leadership roles at highly technical organizations
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.