The Manager of Finished Products oversees all post harvest production activities and processes at Justice Cannabis Co. in collaboration with the National Director of Finished Products and Site Leadership. Additionally, this role oversees site level processing, packaging, and distribution ensuring all areas are compliant with State SOPS; and, meet production standards.
**Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversees post-production resources at the assigned cultivation facility
- Trains staff on processing methods and procedures used to process and package our products
- Ensures productivity goals are being met; and, troubleshoots where issues arise to ensure productivity is on-target with defined objectives
- Oversees the maintenance and care of all post production equipment
- Monitors and administers post production plans, processes, systems, and controls via coordination with site teams
- Provides on-going reporting to management (National Director of Finished Products and Site General Manager) to ensure key stakeholders are advised of any changes to planned production and drive on-going sales within the state
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring production team members are wearing required PPE, following OSHA regulations and maintaining a safe operating environment
- Acts as a liaison between cultivation and extraction management to ensure products meet state regulations and testing requirements
- Collaborates with the National Director of Finished Products, Compliance, and Marketing to ensures product packaging is compliant with state packaging and labelling regulations via coordination with Compliance
- Ensures continual team training and development.
- Continually identifies and implements business process improvements to meet and exceed productivity goals
- Hires, trains and develops production staff in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Conducts regular meetings with assigned employees to assess goals, objectives, and task performance and identify developmental opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in management, quality, or similar field of study (or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience) required
- Three or more years of employee management experience (leadership of groups comprised of ten or more employees is preferred)
- Cannabis processing experience with advanced knowledge of techniques, tools, and practices
- Five or more years of production experience in a manufacturing or cannabis environment
- Production automation experience preferred
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools/techniques (Six Sigma, Lean, etc.) as well as basic industrial automation and process principles preferred
- Working knowledge of a wide range of cannabis strains, ability to detect and differentiate strains during various growth and bloom stages
- Experience in a high-volume, fast paced start up environment
- Strong oral and written communication experience
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining focus on accuracy and attention to detail
Computers and Technology
Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Teams
This position will be responsible for performance management, coaching, supervision, fostering teamwork, training and development of six or more employees.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a busy medical cannabis nursery facility, consisting of both indoor and outdoor conditions. The cultivation areas are very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures, and exposure to the elements. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult people and/or law enforcement.
Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate; farm equipment, off road/road vehicles, a computer, greenhouse monitoring tools, telephone, calculator and other equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds regularly and push/pull up to 100 pounds also use assistance (multiple people, forklift, dolly, etc.) when lifting moving over 100 pounds.