The United Green is America’s Premier Cannabis Staffing Provider. We connect the Industry’s Top Talent with Cannabis Companies throughout the United States. Our experienced team has a passion for networking and placing job seekers into the career of their dreams. No matter your background or experience, we’re here to help you Grow! Elevate your Career in Cannabis with The United Green
The Head Controller will report to the CEO and will manage and oversee the primary day-to-day responsibility for all accounting and finance functions. We are seeking a person who is excited to navigate the accounting and finance functions of a large and growing company. The position will be located in Jackson, MI.
- Plan, direct and oversee accounting and financial reporting systems, supervising all accounting functions including general ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, fixed asset management, and payroll.
- Manage banking activities, including day to day operating activities and reporting requirements.
- Maintain, monitor and provide oversight of the organization’s financial internal control structure to ensure the safeguarding of assets and accurate financial reporting.
- Review monthly general ledger and business accounts to ensure reconciliations are completed and outstanding items are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports are completed timely and accurately to meet management and regulatory requirements.
- Work with outside accounting firm to minimize company tax obligations.
- Manage all aspects of internal, and external financial audits.
- Oversee and comply with all local, state, and federal reporting requirements such as property tax, sales tax, income tax, etc.
- Monitor all key financial indicators and ensure that the leadership team is aware of all negative trends and other items of concern.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures and product costing.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Manage the cash-flow by updating procedures for pay-terms authority to establish collection and purchasing policies and to establish schedules of payment of bills and financial obligations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree preferred
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 7+ years proven accounting experience
- Experience using QuickBooks, METRC and Gsuite
- High-level analytical and communication skills
- Management experience preferred
- Ability to work with deadlines and provide reports on a timely basis
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Management
- Certified Public Accountant