(HR use only)
(HR use only)
(HR use only)
As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The Extraction Technician will be responsible for safely and effectively converting cannabis materials into high quality, food safe cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing job duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all regulations
- Carrying out all extraction, extract processing, product formulation, and manufacturing procedures in an efficient manner that also complies with state regulations, company SOP’s, and all applicable laboratory procedures
- Ensuring compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures
- Following appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of dissimilar production components while following Good Manufacturing Practices
- Performing in-process and post-process quality assurance, conducting visual inspections to ensure all products meet specifications and expectations. Such quality assurance work shall include but not be limited to:
- Recording and monitoring process conditions to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures
- Proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking
- Continually strive to improve processes for improved safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing
- Support new product and process development work with our Extraction Lead, Extraction Supervisor and/or Production Manager
- Monitoring and managing lab and processing equipment supplies and inventory
One to Three years of applicable medical cannabis or related extraction, formulating, and packaging experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality
- Experience with closed loop Butane and CO2 extraction systems preferred, including large scale production sugar/ wax, live sugar/resin/wax, and shatter
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- High school diploma/GED required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities**
Attention to detail
- Mechanically inclined
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Commitment to arrive for scheduled shifts on time and maintain consistent attendance
Work is performed in several locations that include a cannabis cultivation and production facility. The working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures. It involves frequent contact with staff. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors. May be asked to occasionally travel to locations outside of AYR’s network.
Grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions
- Standing, bending, and lifting to 50 pounds by themselves and 75+ pounds with a buddy, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving, and adjusting processing equipment
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dust, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals
- May include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching
- Moderate to loud exposure to noise level
- Moderate periods of prolonged use of office equipment, including computers
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.**
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.