The TerrAscend Organization (OTCM: TRSSF) is permitted to cultivate, process, and dispense premium medical marijuana products to the medical marijuana patients in US States that have legalized medical marijuana products in a compassionate and safe manner. TerrAscend is creating an enduring, world-class company capable of operating under the standards of a highly regulated business looking to shape the future of medical marijuana-based therapies in the markets we serve.
As an Extraction Technician, you will be working in the laboratory at TerrAscend to create extracts and other medical marijuana products. As a laboratory technician, you will be responsible for operating the machinery, ensuring processes are efficient, and following state-mandated regulations and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: _
- Running extraction equipment to ensure attainment of daily production and efficiency goals.
- Ensure all extraction and processing are performed with attention to strict TerrAscend quality and safety standards, regulatory compliance and all other applicable legal and food safety requirements.
- Safely operate, clean and maintain extraction production equipment including solventless, supercritical fluid and solvent extraction systems, distillations systems, pumps, filters and evaporators according to our SOP’s.
- Safely handle hazardous materials (Butane, Propane, Ethanol, etc.), and adhere to safe chemical handling and disposing procedures defined by SOP’s and MSDS.
- Safely handle and dispose of cannabis waste according to processes defined in SOP’s.
- Produce reliable and precise data for completion of all required batch, equipment, quality, inventory and state mandated seed to sale documentation.
- Accurately fill out all associated logs and tracking records.
- Maintaining equipment health by performing daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly checks
- Assist in creating and maintaining SOP’s for the extraction process
- Assist in maintaining equipment asset logs
- Assist in training new hires
- Help conduct R&D to improve efficiencies in the extraction process
- Clean and sanitize glassware, transfer materials, storage vessels, tools and working surfaces.
- Ensure the safety of themselves and other by maintaining a safe and orderly workspace.
Qualifications and Education Requirements_
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 6 months of cannabis extraction experience with hydrocarbon
- Experience with solventless extraction
- Positive attitude & Self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Able to push, pull or lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Capable of sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, squatting and or walking for extended periods of time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Honest, fair, and respectful of others.
**_ Background Check Requirement _**
As a condition of employment, a complete background investigation will be conducted based on the rules of the specific State in which the employee is hired. Typically, the state investigative process includes a state and federal background check.
At TerrAscend, employees and applicants are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. TerrAscend is committed to assuring equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
TerrAscend is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, to include gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gender identity, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and coworkers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The list of job responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and the like is not exhaustive, rather it is illustrative of the current essential functions required for the position.
This organization participates in E-Verify.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9. Para más información sobre E-Verify, o si usted cree que su empleador ha violado sus responsabilidades de E-Verify, por favor contacte a DHS.
Job Type: Full-time