4Front Ventures (CSE: FFNT / OTCQX: FFNTF) is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with active operations in Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, and California. Focusing on Excellence, People, Integrity, and Courage, 4Front Ventures is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience under the Mission Dispensary brand, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Extraction Associate collaborates with the Lab management team to ensure that cannabis concentrate extraction is executed at the highest level of quality and safety. Priorities include measuring and tracking processed cannabis oil throughout all stages of the extraction process and keeping accurate records. This is a team-focused position with the opportunity to master machinery and processes key to cannabis extraction.
- Someone who has always enjoyed science and has experience in lab environments.
- Loves cannabis and is interested in the process of making infused cannabis products and concentrates.
- A time management expert who can stay on top of multiple processes at once
- A self-starter who thrives in task-based work with clear processes and checklists.
- Enjoys being behind the scenes and striving toward a clearly defined goal.
- Wants to join a small team and make a big difference.
- Calculate, measure, weigh, and record results of processed oil throughout all stages of extraction production while following proper storage procedures according to company guidelines
- Assist with product filtering and rotary evaporation processes
- Safely operate all extraction machines, equipment, and laboratory instruments
- Follow proper data formatting and recording in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports while ensuring compliance with local and state regulations
- Team player who enjoys jumping in to help other departments and processes.
- Lab Manager
- Lab Supervisor
- Director of Production
- This is a hands-on, cannabis production position. You will be working in an indoor production, warehouse-like environment. Rooms are industrially lit and feature heavy machinery sounds at times.
- Kneeling, squatting, lifting, bending, walking, pivoting, and standing are all expected activities. Expect to lift 100+lbs.
- Plant pollen is present on surfaces and in the air.
Extraction fumes may also be present.
NOTE: The facility contains confined spaces that may only be accessible by ascending/descending stairwells while traveling throughout the building. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to follow instructions and use your hands to create a product
- Willingness to ask questions to gain independence and expertise
- Friendly communication and willingness to work on a team
- Ability to work independently
- Quick counting capabilities
- Ability to lift a 100+ lb keg
- Experience in Lab settings, academic or professional, 1+ years (preferred)
- Background in scientific method/processes and in data tracking (preferred)
- Basic Math, Organizational, and Computer Skills
- Dispensing Organization Agent Identification Card_ (obtained upon hire)_
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
Working at 4Front
- We are building a hard-working, diverse team that is excited to be a part of the evolving cannabis industry. Our team values a friendly, vibrant, and enthusiastic workplace. 4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Employee Discounts (one of the highest in the industry)
- Health, Vision, Dental Benefits (company paid at 80%)
- Sick Pay/PTO Accrual
- Parental/Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay (if required to work on select days)
- Career Development
- Advancement Opportunities
4Front specializes in large-scale, highly automated, high-speed processing, production & packaging of cannabis consumer packaged goods for the regulated cannabis market in CA.
4Front’s CA campus is one of the largest licensed cannabis processing facilities in the world, not just in California. Located in Commerce, CA our facility is centrally placed in Southern California to service the world's largest recreational cannabis market. We are seeking talented, determined, and driven candidates to join our growing team.
NOTE: _ This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization._
Job Type: Full-time