*Executive Assistant, CFO *
The Executive Assistant will directly support the Chief Financial Officer in addition to the Finance team as a whole. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for the CFO and Finance Leadership Team for both internal and external partners. This role requires a proactive and flexible mindset with strong client service in an environment with fast-paced and sometimes last-minute changes. This role will comfortably take the lead on providing exceptional, comprehensive administrative leadership and operational support to the Finance function’s leadership both directly and indirectly. As well, the Executive Assistant must demonstrate a flawless commitment to protecting confidential information and sensitive materials and be a master at attention to details. They will oversee and perform duties to include travel arrangements, communications coordination, calendaring, preparing meeting content upon request, and other various project management duties. The ideal Executive Assistant is a masterful problem-solver, comfortable leading in areas of their expertise, and an organizational force providing exceptional and comprehensive administrative leadership and operational support.
The impact you'll make:
- Manage and support calendars for CFO and support the broader Finance organization with scheduling of internal and external meetings.
- Proactively manage and execute meeting preparation for the executive and leadership team for optimal meeting experience (i.e. meeting objectives, agenda, notes, deck preparation, research)
- Proactively follow up on action items to drive accountability of meeting actions
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Actively manage executive and leadership team priorities to execute on company initiatives and priorities
- Design and execute enterprise internal team meetings and events (i.e. Finance all hands, happy hours, team events)
- Execute on external events in tandem with executive and leadership team (i.e. conferences, speaking engagements, investor meetings)
- Track and manage conference and engagement proposals
- Manage space planning, office assignments, and facilities requests in tandem with Workplace operations
- Manage travel for executive and leadership team, expedite expense reports
- Completes projects by deadline and to supervisor’s standards
- Supports the executive with all administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
What you've accomplished:
- 4+ years’ experience working and partnering with executive leadership team is a must
- Comfortability partnering and executing with executive leadership team
- Ability to work cross functionally with other executive assistants to ensure alignment
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to make independent, real-time decisions with consideration of priorities and sensitivities
- Strong project management and event planning experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization
- Strong computer skills with programs such as MS Office, Google Suite, plus if experience with JIRA and Confluence, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience supporting finance functions or working within an investment banking environment, advisory firm, PE firm, etc.
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.