Job location: Anywhere in Canada
Employment type: 12-month contract position in a remote environment operating in the EST time zone
Division: IT – Information Technology
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
You’re organized, motivated, and determined. You anticipate needs a mile away and constantly think four steps ahead. You have a positive attitude that can navigate any challenge and you’re not afraid to step outside your comfort zone to help others. You’re a whiz at MS office and enjoy making checklists, scheduling meetings, and getting things done– and this is why we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We’re looking for a dynamic professional to plant their roots with us as our newest Executive Assistant in our IT team. In this role, you will support our Executive VP of IT with a variety of administrative, operational, and financial activities that are critical to the success of our business. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for helping others and be empowered to make an impact. Sound exciting? Here is a little more…
As the Executive Assistant, you will…
- Maintain close working relationship with other departments within the company and external vendor partners
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on business matters
- Prepare agendas, organizes town halls, schedule and attend meetings, take minutes, and coordinate and submit expense reports and other key reporting to the Board, Senior Leadership Meeting, and Weekly Business Reviews
- Support the preparation and maintenance of confidential and sensitive documents by collecting data, consolidating information, and scheduling key meetings
- Coordinate internal and external communication efforts by composing and reviewing materials and organizing special events and projects
- Assist with full cycle calendar management activities such as scheduling meetings and appointments and coordinating travel arrangements
- Provide continuous administrative and operational support to ensure the smooth flow of information and activities in a multifaceted operation with ever-changing priorities
As an experienced professional, you will have…
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting senior executives in an executive assistant capacity (these credentials appear to match the candidate profile we are looking for but we’re ready to be convinced otherwise)
Post-secondary education such as a University Degree, College Diploma or Certificate in Business, Office Administration, or a relevant field (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) and Concur
It would be an asset if you have…
- Working experience within a public company and large organization and using SuccessFactors
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- A self-motivated individual who leads with integrity and always thinks four steps ahead
- A team-oriented professional with the ability to inspire trust and confidence when building relationships
- An organized initiator who thrives under pressure and can balance multiple projects at once
- A natural communicator who can convey information in engaging formats to influence others and satisfy agendas
- An effective decision-maker who can navigate challenges with a positive attitude and acts with diplomacy when engaging with clients and team members
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
Total Rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, company SWAG, team activities, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we! Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity.
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.