Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation's leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We're grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The District Manager is responsible for building & leading the store and sales teams for Pharmacann. The successful candidate will be expected to execute Pharmacann's Core objectives across all retail stores. This position will partner closely with Retail Operations, Compliance, Marketing, HR and IT to ensure objectives of the company are achieved. This position will play a critical role to ensure we have a pipeline of future sales leaders in hiring, training, developing and promoting field sales from entry-level roles up into management roles within the organization.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
- Achieve increased retail store sales and KPI targets as they are launched.
- Recruits, engages, and retains best in class talent.
- Develop a plan for future growth by creating a culture dedicated to talent development and succession planning.
- Coaches, mentors and leads in all aspects of producing an exceptional customer experience including customer service, visual presentation, and product knowledge.
- Provide directional leadership, expectations, and priorities that support the Pharmacann brand experience.
- Work with Operations, Marketing, IT, and Compliance teams to strive for operational excellence and strong regulatory control.
- Work with VP Retail and HR on succession planning to build bench strength.
- Promote a culture of accountability to meet or exceed organizational goals related to sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Review and interpret financial and/or operational reports regularly, identify underperforming metrics or stores, and develop a strategy for improvement .
- Assist in opening new markets when applicable
- This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequent travel within territory. Some travel outside of the State may be required.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Embodies the culture and core values of PharmaCann and is in full support of our purpose, goal, and key objectives.
- BA/BS – Business or Communications (preferable) or minimum 5 years of applicable or commensurate experience in a similar level role (2 years PharmaCann/Medical Cannabis experience will be considered)
- Experience with a proven track record in leading large retail and independent selling organizations
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Resource Development – driving sales and profitability
- Excellent mentoring, training, and development skills
- Superior business acumen, planning, and target goal setting.
- Computer skills with good Excel capabilities
Works from multiple locations, including home and retail dispensaries.
Must be able to travel on a regular basis to multiple locations.
Can lift at least 50 pounds.
Ability to withstand long hours working on a computer.
Must be able to hear, speak, walk.
General Managers within the District.