Quick Apply Full-time2 hours ago
Full Job Description
At BARC, our mission is to improve people's lives through the goodness of cannabis. We fulfill our purpose by creating life-enhancing experiences in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis. Our team connects with others, enlightening and empowering. We are looking for leaders who are inspired by our ideals and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you value improving lives, joining the fastest growing and most unique industry in the world and establishing yourself as a leader in the space, we'd like to learn more about you.
The Co-Manager of Operations is responsible for managing and holding the operations team accountable for policy and procedure, compliance, ingestion and all other operational objectives of BARC store operations. This position leads a team that implements and continuously improves all accuracy, training and execution of operational initiatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee and execute all initiatives as outlined on the master calendar.
- Deliver results and strategic direction by ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly through the store team.
- Work with cross-divisional teams to build consensus on strategic objectives, goals and operational plan.
- Ensure store is audit compliant and achieves acceptable scores.
- Ensure operations team achieves store's shrink goal.
- Establish and implement operational policies, standards and procedures for retail staff.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and security policies and procedures within retail stores.
- Communicates, works closely and successfully collaborates with other Co-Managers to achieve the organization's goals.
- Partner with the BARC Human Resources team in the following HR functions:
- Interview, recruit and hire to fill gaps in open positions in a timely manner based on store performance and volume tier.
- Train managers and employees in expected operational standards using appropriate tools such as SOP's, compliance audits, and policy and procedures.
- Set up training calendar and ensure associate onboarding and new hire training is complete.
- Ensure continuous training and development with team members through modules, quizzes, tracking and video content that results in consistency across all stores.
- Write and deliver on team members' performance in partnership with GM to determine succession plans and build bench strength.
- Performance manage and coach team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies.
- Provide leadership, training, guidance and support to team members that fosters continuous learning and improvement in performance of the store.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising training, quality and customer service in retail.
- Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with significant P&L responsibility
- Strong knowledge of retail technology platforms and systems
- Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or operations management or related field
- Store Management experience.
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, (indicas, sativas, hybrids), edibles, extracts, and current products on the market a huge plus.
- Dispensary-related experience a plus. Provide exemplary customer service and represent the business with pride.
- Prior inventory experience
- Operate in a highly regulated compliance minded environment
This person is directly responsible for managing the operations team.
This job operates in a professional retail setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires a flex schedule, long hours, nights, weekend work and holiday availability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 - $75,925.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90048: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail Store Managers: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location