Jane Technologies - Director, Technical Support
Jane is building the future of eCommerce.
Jane is an MIT-founded, high growth, and rapidly expanding technology company in the cannabis industry. As the cannabis industry's first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe and simple shopping experience. Users can browse local products in real-time, compare by price, proximity or popularity and place orders at local stores for pickup or delivery - all on the industry's largest marketplace. In addition to our marketplace, we provide online menus and end-to-end checkout flows to dispensaries by integrating directly with their POS systems and leveraging real-time data to connect dispensaries and consumers. Additionally, Jane provides key data insights to industry stakeholders via our growing analytics platform.
Culture is the single most important component of Jane's success to date. A successful candidate will thrive in our environment of mutual support, relentless pursuit of excellence, creativity, and complete lack of ego. To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/
The Director of Technical Support is responsible for the overall success of the Technical Support team, comprised of both technical and hardware support representatives. You will ensure your team is meeting & exceeding their responsibilities with onboarding new dispensaries and maintaining ongoing support of their menus and hardware. You will lead, manage and mentor technical support staff, including establishing, collaborating on, and measuring individual goals. You will oversee day-to-day efforts to successfully deliver on annual team goals and objectives. You will work directly with the VP of Support to define and formalize Technical Support QA standards and SOP; and work closely with cross functional leaders to ensure a clear and shared understanding of processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists VP of Support on setting yearly department initiatives and goals.
- Review daily/weekly/monthly reports and work with the VP of Support on growth strategies.
- Work with the managers/leads to create weekly workload schedule to ensure KPIs are met
- Communicate & train all new feature and tool releases to your team members and verify that managers/leads are communicating new features and tooling out to their teams
- End to end lifecycle case and task management
- Develop, document, and implement operational policies and procedures
- Serve as the third level escalation point and provide updates the Jane status page
- Hire new staff based on forecasting of team growth and resourcing needs
- Provide continuous feedback for product, tooling, and analytic development and improvements
- Define and track technical support KPIs and quality standard metrics for data-informed improvements
- Standardize asset offerings to ensure best in class options and scalability
- Secure & purchase asset needs based on business volume
We're looking for someone who:
- 5+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years team/people management
- Is passionate about technical support, customer service and relationship building
- Is self motivated, prioritizes independence, and hungry to build world class support team
- Is a clear, direct, organized individual and an exceptional communicator
- Feels confident speaking up when they see opportunities for improvement
- Can inspire, coordinate with, and learn from others as a means to improve overall work quality
- Will work as a team on a daily basis to brainstorm and tackle opportunities in creative ways
- Excellent problem solving skills with a client-service mindset
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, energetic and ever-evolving environment
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism, able to interface with all levels of the firm and preserves confidentiality in sensitive matters
- Possesses a proactive approach to accomplishing work, high attention to detail and accuracy, has immaculate follow up, and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates the flexibility to meet business needs with a focus on achieving results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to share updates, articulate challenges and blockers, accept instructions and handle partner/vendor relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees