A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you a cannabis enthusiast with an energetic spirit? Are you looking to work with a fun group of people? If so, we would love to meet you! We’re looking for an ambitious and hard-working professional to join our Quality team in the role of Director, Quality Operations! The incumbent will report directly to the Vice President, Quality
As a Director of Quality, you will...
- Be a member of the Quality Leadership Team, provide overall guidance and direction to the Quality Operations at the Canadian sites to provide quality oversight and alignment to operational initiatives
- Lead and direct the quality teams at the respective operational sites to support marketed products for domestic and international markets
- Ensure implementation, effectiveness, and integrity of a quality system that is compliant to all applicable standards and regulations (i.e Health Canada, GPPs, GMPs, CUMCS, etc.) to support the marketed products
- Lead/Support implementation of the quality strategy, plans for quality improvement and related organizational learning to strengthen and report on Quality Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure the appropriate policies and procedures are in place to support quality oversight of the site operations
- Lead and develop robust processes and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and apply best practices across the sites
- Oversee activities required to direct and control quality manufacturing of cannabis and its derivatives
- Oversee regulatory inspections
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure efficient operation of the QA/QC functions for a diverse set of products and teams across the sites
- Provide guidance to the operational sites through employing risk-based decision making and strategies
- Support information exchange with Regulatory Affairs to support licensing, submissions, filings, and other documentation for domestic and international markets
- Establish and maintain the site Quality budgets
- Partner with other functional areas to establish and cultivate the Quality Culture at the sites
- Provides leadership, technical direction, and coaching to direct and indirect reports
- Other duties as required
You would be the best fit for this role if you have...
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Technical discipline, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in a Quality Operational environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry or consumer-packaged goods industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills and ability to navigate across the organization
- Proven ability to develop and build high performing teams and strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships
- Ability to coach and develop employees to build a strong leadership pipeline
- Ability to think strategically while balancing tactical issues to make quick and informed decisions
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary or hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? That’s okay! Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.