The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director, Product Management to join our team, reporting to the CIO. As Director Product Management, you will be responsible for the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, and you will become the customer advocate, delivering products that are easy to use and deliver significant value. Additionally, you will lead a team to complete project management initiatives that are IT-led.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
About Your Day
- Define, guide, and execute the IT product management strategy for OCS
- Lead the Product Management team to work collaboratively with internal partners to continuously improve the IT products, translating business needs into detailed requirements and conducting technology assessments
- Lead the Project Management team to work collaboratively across the organization to develop project plans, set milestones, and report on project progress for IT-led initiatives
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business impact
- Work closely with software development teams on a day-to-day basis to drive results
- Developing team processes, monitoring compliance and continuously improving
- Lead the team to implement best practices, develop processes, and finding continuous improvement initiatives
- Post-Secondary education Computer Science, IT, or related field of study
- 10+ years of progressive experience in product management, with 3+ years at a leadership level
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills [Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.]
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to develop superior working relationships, confidence and acceptance with all management and staff throughout the OCS
- Proven working experience in product management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product solutions and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven working experience in software development, product lifecycle processes
- Strong working knowledge of Jira, Agile, SCRUM and Kanban methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of BI and analytics tools
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the minimum of 1 day per week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
- Application Deadline: June 13, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.