Director, Product Management - CRM
As a Director of Product Management for CRM at Weedmaps, you will have an important and strategic role with responsibility for leading our CRM product lines, driving strategy, execution and cross functional alignment for successful delivery of your team’s product roadmap and revenue goals. You will lead a team of product professionals responsible for our CRM marketplace offerings across the B2B and Consumer experience. You'll partner with other leaders to translate product vision into strategic and technological business decisions. You'll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results.
As a product owner, you will lead efforts to make it easier for your internal and external customers to generate leads, drive sales, learn from insights, and engage with WM via our CRM technologies and product offerings. Your team will create new solutions and part of your role is to help your team innovate to create amazing products that deliver results for Weedmaps and our ecosystem.
A bit about you: you are passionate about the Cannabis economy, SAAS as well as advertising products, with a deep understanding of the marketing and advertising technology and its impact and use for businesses and consumers. You’re an expert at discovering user needs and pain points, and working with cross-functional partners to simplify complex problems and ship elegant solutions. You have proven experience in strategic thinking and methodical execution when launching products at scale. You are experienced in building best-in-class solutions for SMBs and larger customers. You have started teams, businesses or product lines as well as grown them.
You are also an experienced people manager who is focused on mentoring your team members, managing teams and is capable of managing matrixed organizations. You are strategic, creative, data-driven and able to focus on quick wins as well as long term projects/deliverables and developing and refining KPIs.
This is a strategic role that requires strong partnership with other functions across the company.
You should be the type of product leader who enjoys working with sales teams as well as consumer product development partners; interfacing with customers. You are passionate about building a great partnership with your engineering, design, sales, marketing and other functions.
You'll also partner with other leaders across the company to translate product capabilities into strategic business results. You'll align and inspire your organization by effectively communicating the strategy and driving the team to build a world class marketplace in the cannabis space.
And you’ll have fun while doing it with world-class colleagues and teammates.
The impact you'll make:
- Lead the definition of product vision, strategy, and the roadmap for your area
- Clearly articulate rationale behind product decisions
- Improve our customers’ experience using a variety of tools, technologies, insights and data points.
- Work with user researchers and analysts to synthesize stakeholder feedback and analytics to make product decisions
- Deeply understand our customers, their psychology and needs, and the competitive landscape.
- Identify new growth business opportunities through quantitative research, UI/UX studies, and reviews of industry standard methodologies
- Develop a strategic roadmap for your product areas with clear milestones and revenue goals
- Influence important partners throughout Weedmaps to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Work closely with the Design, Data, Sales and Marketing functions to define business cases, requirements and user journey maps for new and existing customer needs and revenue opportunities
- Recruit, hire, grow and retain top performing talent that is passionate about the technology platform for the cannabis industry
- Partner with Engineering leadership to establish alignment and efficiency across product and engineering teams
- Provide alignment from corporate goals through individual product goals
- Drive and champion a culture of continuous learning to improve execution and remove roadblocks
- You’ll partner closely with the leadership of other teams including Engineering, Technology, People, Design, QA, and Operations
- Communicate problems and solutions, team challenges, and overall productivity of teams with executive leadership
- Develop KPIs for measuring team performance and deliver performance reviews for your team members
- Influence quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of new and improved procedures, process innovations, training, and changes in corporate culture
What you've accomplished:
- 8+ years of revenue-generating product leadership experience, with a focus on marketing and ad technologies and data integrations; with 4+ years of managing and developing leaders
- Experience working in an agile environment; comfortable with longer-term planning.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction based on customer needs and revenue targets
- Natural curiosity and growth mindset, with an obsession for the details
- Proven experience delivering results
- Experience with at least two of the following: subscription, marketing tech and advertising technology business models.
- Experience working with engineering teams, business stakeholders managing expectations and building cross functional alignment
- Proven experience building, growing, inspiring and retaining a collaborative and results-focused team
- Ability to develop KPIs for measuring team performance and deliver performance reviews for your team members
- Effective and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.