Director, Product Analytics & Operations
This is an amazing opportunity to work at the intersection of B2C and B2B commerce, local shopping and marketing technology in the rapidly evolving and innovative cannabis space.
Weedmaps is looking for a Director, Product Analytics and Operations to help develop, refine and execute our product strategy, with a focus on data-driven decision making leveraging our team of product analytics professionals and industry-leading consumer and business data. You will be a collaborative leader with significant experience of delivering strategic and valuable data-driven insights and operational results.
This role is embedded in our Product organization, where you will hire, manage and mentor a team of product analysts and help lead and coordinate our product strategy and product development efforts.
You’ll also work closely with leaders in multiple departments within the organisation as we work together to build best-in-class solutions for consumers and businesses. In this role you’ll help the team excel in our analytical capabilities, our detailed knowledge of the product, and build and maintain strong business relationships with our partners, using data to help us achieve our goals.
The impact you'll make:
- People leadership
- Lead, develop and empower a team of product and business-focused analytics professionals
- Executing strategies & managing operations
- Help drive execution of core product strategies, including support with data and analytics that range from useful dashboards, consumer and market insights and operational excellence
- Drive strategic planning
- Contribute to product roadmap, revenue/financial, marketing and product planning processes with help setting investment strategy based on analysis and forecasting
- Assist in developing and evaluating complex A/B and multivariate tests to improve product functionality, pricing, and performance.
- Support internal groups in setting and measuring specific OKRs for projects and product areas.
- Collaborate with partner organizations such as Finance and Corporate Development in assessing revenue forecasts, M&A or partnerships opportunities
- Thought leadership
- Prepare (often from source data) consumer and customer insights to inform product strategies
- Develop and implement plans to improve key metrics monitoring and tracking
- Strategic recommendations with supporting data analyses and models
- Engage with internal and external audiences via speaking engagements / industry conferences presentations
What you've accomplished:
- 8+ years experience working in Technology, eCommerce, Consumer and/or B2B internet. May have also worked in another technical, product, or engineering role. May have worked in Finance or Consulting.
- Experience working in Product Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Product Strategy, and/or Business Operations
- Forecast modeling experience and proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Data driven and technically experienced enough to write your own queries; savvy enough to be able to speak to large audiences
- Confident communicator and presenter with experience presenting
- Regularly prepare memos/strategies for C-level executives
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.