“Trulieve Grows One Patient at a Time”
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation in you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
Our specially trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
Requisition ID:** 2282
Remote Work Available:** Yes
The State Director directs all of Trulieve’s operational activities across business lines in their assigned state. This position works closely with executive leadership to establish overall direction and strategic initiatives. The ideal State Director has proven business acumen, ability to motivate, mentor, and lead, and has demonstrated success in driving growth, efficiency, and profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES _**
- Act as the General Business Operator across all business lines (Cultivation, Processing, Retail, Delivery) for the assigned state/region.
- Responsible for P&L, and overall operational profitability for each business line within the assigned state/region.
- Become state/regional expert on regulatory compliance for all business lines in the territory (Cultivation, Processing, Retail, Delivery).
- Work closely with Senior Directors and VPs of business lines to influence success in assigned territory.
- Support front line employee's and subject matter experts on all day to day decision making
- Gain and build relationships with all cultivators, processors, dispensary, and wholesale partners.
- Oversee pricing and new products in state/region for wholesale and retail, with regular competitive analyses completed.
- Assist with oversight of any construction projects within the state/region.
- Maintain relationships with all state regulators/inspectors.
- Ensure managers across all business lines are experts in state and site regulatory requirement and can facilitate successfully passing state inspections.
- Communicate with corporate marketing department; ensure implementation with state managers.
- Help maintain relationship with state bank and cash pickups/deliveries in partnership with accounting, treasury, and finance.
- Assist with auditing in partnership with corporate licensing and compliance department.
- Visit state/regional facilities frequently and consistently.
- Facilitate compliance spot checks on every visit (inventory, SOPs, cash, tags, etc.)
- Ensure regular maintenance on all equipment and utilities is being performed in partnership with relevant departments and managers.
- In partnership with sales department, visit wholesale customer dispensaries on a rotating basis; confirm sales associates are making effective visits.
- Ensure state compliance training manuals and required trainings are up to date in partnership with learning and development, compliance, and management teams.
- Ensure all department heads are training staff accordingly and collecting/filing required proficiency assessments and training acknowledgements.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Prior executive-level business operations experience in Manufacturing, Retail, Agriculture or similar industry or role.
- Prior experience as a multi-site, multi-business executive leader
- Cannabis experience not required but highly preferred
- Prior experience building large scale manufacturing facilities a plus
- Proven success in building businesses in fast-paced, highly regulated, competitive environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Must be able to obtain all licensures required per assigned state/region guidelines to sell, distribute, manufacture cannabis
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media:
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they're completed effectively the first time.
- Through extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above. Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift if relevant to job duties listed above.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US; proper employment documentation.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
Trulieve provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.