At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We’re looking for a Director of Performance Marketing to manage the email, affiliate, and digital advertising channels for PAX. This role will interact closely with the Brand, eCommerce, and Creative teams to deliver results that further business and brand goals. The ideal candidate will have strong consumer-first principles, excellent collaboration across teams, and an ability to leverage systems and technology to unlock insights. We’re excited to build the PAX brand together.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Understand the consumer journey and the role that your channels play in activating them
- Manage performance and revenue reporting as well as the corresponding budget
- Leverage endemic and programmatic channels to open up the digital funnel
- Establish the editorial calendar for email as well as the roadmap for testing and improvement
- Build out a robust affiliate program with partners across a variety of content verticals
- Develop a robust process for creative testing to inform how we capture and design assets
- Work with the eCommerce team to leverage site optimization, especially landing pages
- Collaborate with the Trade and Commercial teams to drive relevant channel results
- Use first party data alongside user research and consumer insights to make decisions
- Support the marketing efforts across different country and regulatory environments
- Lead and mentor the Performance team, with an eye on building long-term careers
- Research and synthesize key technology and competitive trends to identify opportunities
- 7+ years experience at a consumer product business or agency
- Proven business acumen and ability to run performance marketing at scale
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills at different levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills and familiarity with tools like JIRA
- Ability to build and manage marketing teams
- Strong proficiency in web analytics tools and tagging systems
- Understanding of advertising platforms and ecosystems
- Comfort working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a regulated industry preferred
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Put Consumers First - We are here to enhance their lives. We put their needs first in everything we do. We work together to deliver unique solutions for their benefit.
Build a Community - We are active and beneficial builders of a global community. We collaborate together to support sustainability, well-being and social equity efforts—both internally and externally—to establish cannabis as a force for good.
Innovate with Passion - We are passionate about enhancing the cannabis experience by making it positive, accessible and intuitive. We set the standards, innovate for consumers and find the yes as a team.
Be the Solution and Collaborate - We work as a team to achieve winning outcomes, knowing we each individually are the solution, but can only succeed together.
Lead with Humility and Transparency - We stay open and humble in everything we do. We value learning from each other, and cultivate transparency in our culture and products.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.