Nabis is a Series B cannabis wholesale e-commerce company supporting over 100 top-tier brands and supplying more than 99% of California's dispensaries. Our mission is to help scale the cannabis supply chain with software and ultimately become the world’s largest distributor of cannabis products. Nabis Capital is one of Nabis’ new value-added service offerings, leveraging our proprietary market data to underwrite trade receivables factoring for brand and retail partners on our distribution platform. Our Finance Team is currently seeking a Director of Credit to help lead the Nabis Capital team during this exciting period of growth!
About the Role
Our Director of Credit will help lead Nabis Capital and determine how best to expand and grow the platform - they should be autonomous, move quickly, and be excited to leverage the resources of a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for managing Nabis Capital’s relationships with the cannabis brands and retailers, spreading awareness of Nabis Capital’s suite of products and services, and strategizing on ways to improve business operations for customers
- Establish and implement formal integrated underwriting policies and processes with an emphasis on profitability and ability to scale Nabis Capital
- Communicate Nabis Capital’s various product and service offerings to brands (and retailers)
- Responsible for maximizing the revenue potential of Nabis Capital’s products and services for each brand and retailer
- Drive continual automation, efficiency and effectiveness of our factoring processes
- Determine appropriate next steps regarding potential additional financing products outside of the factoring business
- Collaborate with Finance and Accounting departments on customer credit, billing, and collections process improvements
- Review, revise and implement timely reporting processes for all product offerings with insightful metrics and actionable information
- Design and maintain all reporting, forecasting, and metrics to report on the performance of the department
- Share key insights with internal and external stakeholders
- Hire, mentor and develop a growing Nabis Capital team
- 7+ years of experience in fintech financial services (tech industry experience is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience implementing underwriting policies
- Direct experience developing C-Level relationships
- Experience in professional relationship building and negotiating
- Experience managing and prioritizing day-to-day activities around a pipeline of deals
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand, articulate and evolve various products related to loans, lines of credit, factoring, and other financial services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- Ability to work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in-person and remotely
- Organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- Ability to work proficiently within Google Suite and Microsoft Office
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS
1. You'll work at the fastest growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
2. Unlimited PTO and flexible work from home policy
3. Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis.
4. Competitive salary and equity compensation structure
5. 401(k) with employer match5. Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California
NABIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.