ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Sales Director for Enterprise you will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and be responsible for leading a team of Enterprise Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to grow and retain key accounts for Leafly supporting both client needs at the dispensary and brand level. The right candidate will be passionate about coaching and developing their team and play a critical role in executing the company’s sales strategy.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING
- Refine the team’s business strategy while recruiting, developing, training, and motivating a group of experienced Enterprise Account Executives and Customer Success Managers, based on Leafly’s guiding principles
- Build a strategy to identify key accounts and accelerate sales and revenue through selling Leafly’s products and services in line with company goals
- Create a robust process to improve retention of key accounts
- Work closely with sales heads for Brand and Retail to align on business rules and company goals
- Collaborate internally with cross functional teams including but not limited to Sales Operations, BI, Marketing, AdOps, Finance, Product, and Legal.
- Work closely with Director of Sales Operations to build a compensation structure that drives productivity, loyalty, and sound economics
- Develop and maintain relationships with executive level decision makers
- Supporting and coaching sales professionals on personal development and growth
- Manage pipeline and sales activity with an ability to accurately forecast
- Fostering a learning culture, focused on high-performance, agility, and creativity within the team
- Have a broad understanding of the cannabis industry in North America and a curiosity to learn more
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership team to create a strong sales organization
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of top performing sales experience with increasing leadership responsibilities
- Successful track record in Enterprise Sales Management
- Results-driven coach, mentor and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives group results through teamwork and individual performance improvement
- Strategic account planning and execution skills
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and persuasion skills are critical
- Excellent prospecting, closing and relationship management skills
- High-performing organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple business demands and deliver on time
- Ability to travel nationwide
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Technical aptitude to master our CRM system (Salesforce) and sales automation tools (Outreach.io)
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree in a business-related program, preferred
WHAT CAN HELP YOU STAND OUT
- A can-do attitude
- Prior experience in fast-paced tech startup
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry or a passion for the mission
WHAT LEAFLY CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Full coverage on health & dental plans
- 401k employer matching up to 3.5%
- Pet insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully remote with WFH allowance
- Cell phone allowance
Leafly is on a mission to empower consumers, retailers, and brands in the cannabis space. Built as a strain database more than a decade ago, Leafly has since grown into the leading legal cannabis marketplace in the U.S. helping over 100 million annual visitors discover the right cannabis for them and buy it from local dispensaries, for pickup or delivery.
What’s more, Leafly is the world’s largest trusted resource for cannabis education, information, news, and trends. From our extensive strain database and Cannabis 101 to our flagship Jobs Report and Social Impact hub, Leafly plays a vital role in destigmatizing cannabis and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We also partner with other mission-driven organizations to build a more just and equitable industry for all.
But here’s what you really want to know: a career at Leafly is exciting, rewarding, and ripe with opportunities for growth. We value creative thinkers, and offer competitive salary and benefits, excellent perks, incredible work culture, and the promise that you’ll never be bored. As a company, we’ve done some pretty amazing things—but none of it is possible without the amazing people who make up our team. If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll be joining a strong, innovative, and passionate group of individuals on a mission to change the world for the better.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.