Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside\*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
This role is responsible for leading, maintaining, and improving Cresco's Wholesale Sales forecast across the company's entire footprint. This includes working with demand plans for both developed and emerging cannabis markets, varying competitive environments and differing corporate goals. Key activities include leading the Wholesale Demand team, partnering with Wholesale Sales leadership, and managing detailed revenue plans at several different aggregation levels.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Maintain and execute the creation, improvement, and process to generate a baseline statistical forecast at a SKU level
- Build and maintain relationships with State Operations, State Sales and State Sales Support teams to gain insight into the forecast, key drivers, and inflection points
- Develop a deep understanding of State regulations and rules for doing business in the unique
- Create and maintain a bottoms up view at the item level to support Wholesale Supply Planning and helping manage the flow of data between multiple business units
- Lead and contribute to monthly Demand Planning meetings to collaborate with Wholesale Management peers in driving clarity of assumptions, business actions and trends
- Train, coach and lead the Wholesale Demand Planning Team in process flows, rules, and standard work of the Demand Team
- Work cross functionally to enhance the S&OP process while leading Wholesale Demand Planners work and inputs to this process
- Lead day to day activities of the Wholesale Demand Planning Team including assigning, monitoring, and reviewing the process and accuracy of the work
- Leads the preparation, monitors, and shares reports on Forecast KPIs at monthly forecast consensus meetings; includes opportunities, risks, and gaps vs plan
- Conducts required analysis to determine root cause of forecast misses, identifies continuous improvement opportunities
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- 5 or more years of demand planning experience in CPG, Cannabis, or a like business specializing in planning or forecasting
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, finance, economics, mathematics, business administration, or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (lookups & pivot tables) and SQL preferred
- Excellent communication and cross-functional skills
- Logical approach to problem solving, analytics, planning, and the ability to flex between a "big picture" understanding a detailed analysis
- Fluent in synthesizing large and disparate datasets to identify key implications and to then tell a story of your findings in a clear, concise, and visually appealing presentation
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail oriented
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.