We are looking for passionate engineers who value problem solving, collaboration, and an eagerness to experiment. The ideal candidate is driven to learn, grow, and make a direct impact on the customer experience. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team, and you are excited to collaborate with other engineers. Amuse has strategic partnerships with innovative firms and technology providers in the industry that will help drive a delightful experience for the customer.
As a Data Engineer on our team, you will contribute directly to the development of the amuse.com data and analytic stack. Our e-commerce technology stack includes AWS, Magento 2, Vue Storefront (a VueJS-based headless e-commerce system), and Treez (a cannabis-specific point-of-sale and ERP system). Our data stack includes Fivetran, Snowflake, and Sigma - powered by dbt for ELT. We are looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of e-commerce cannabis delivery software.
Role & Responsibility
- Work closely with partners in Product, Engineering, Finance, and Operations to successfully deliver data and analytical projects
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop an understanding of the data sources that power various parts of the business
- Build data connectors to ingest data from new sources
- Own end-to-end ELT process to ingest raw data, transform it, and expose it in the data warehouse
- Build custom data analyses to drive business decisions
- At least 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or applicable experienceStrong knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, branching, code reviews, continuous integration, and deployment
- Strong experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Strong experience with Python and/or Node.js
- Nice to have: experience with Fivetran or other data integration platforms
- Nice to have: experience with Snowflake or other cloud data warehouses
- Nice to have: experience with Sigma for data analysis and visualization
- Nice to have: familiarity and comfort in AWS
- Nice to have: production experience using dbt for ELT
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.