The Cultivator I is responsible for providing on-site cultivation in multiple indoor grow rooms. This role monitors and maintains the health and production of our plants, maintains quality control measures to ensure exceptional product; and, maintains the organization, cleanliness, and efficiency of our plant production area. This role also ensures frequent sanitation of our grow facilities to ensure plant and personnel health and safety. Responsibilities of this role include:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintaining sanitation standards in the cultivation/grow rooms
- Ensures plant health by pruning, topping, trimming, and analyzing plant health
- Conducts day-to-day plant care including watering, pruning, harvesting, and trimming
- Responsible for maintaining and cleaning all cultivation equipment and tools including lights, reflectors, containers, mixing tools, application tools and ventilation equipment
- Adheres to the cultivation schedule set by the Cultivation Manager
- Responsible for measuring and mixing nutrients and plant applications and applying these mixtures according to Justice Grown policy
- Assists the Cultivation Manager with tracking plants throughout the growth lifecycle and ensuring accurate documentation per state standards
- Documenting all nutrients and substances applied to any plant within the cultivation facility
- Monitoring and maintaining plant production and quality control measures in accordance with our product quality standards
- Assists with the execution of harvest plans to include drying and curing
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Assists with and follows crop production plan to include an integrated pest management plan (IPM) best practices.
- Develops proficiency and follows safety practices with the operation of equipment, fertigation systems, environmental controls, water distribution system, security system, etc., which includes performing preventive maintenance tasks; troubleshooting malfunctions; assisting with repairs.
- Participates and follows inventory forecast and control practices and assists with inventory audits/reconciliation for all inventory and materials to include supplies, plants, processed product, equipment, etc.
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
- Maintain set quality control on medicine.
- Inspect product/medicine for mold, disease or other abnormalities and report to manager.
- Ensure proper care of medicine/product through trimming, watering and monitoring environment.
- Perform other related work as required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in medical cannabis industry is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize safety practices and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to take direction and complete daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Communicate fluently in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to maintain product accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate with other staff and associates in all situations.
- Ability to adhere to the highest customer service with staff and the public at all times.
- Ability to perceive and meet the needs of team members and management.
- Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Punctual, professional, and able to communicate clearly with your managers and other staff.
- Knowledgeable on strains, genetics, and cultivation practices.
- Repetitive use of fine motor skills using scissors,.
- High level of efficiency, patience, and flexibility.
- Must be 21 years old and pass a criminal background check.
- The ability to identify cannabis varieties using visual and olfactory senses is highly desirable.
- State Affiliation is required for cannabis employment. PA requires background checks and state fingerprinting.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require prolonged standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds regularly and push/pull up to 100 pounds also use assistance (multiple people, forklift, dolly, etc.) when lifting/moving over 100 pounds. Frequent holding/grasping with the hands when loading and unloading equipment. Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate manicuring tools other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires adequate vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed at a busy outdoor and indoor cannabis facility. The outdoor/indoor facility is exposed to the natural elements. Workers should be prepared for fluctuating cold mornings and hot afternoons weather, sun exposure, and allergies. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult people and/or law enforcement. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events during harvest periods is required.