Reports to: Cultivation Supervisor and Facility Manager
The Cultivation Technician is responsible for plant care in all stages of the cannabis life cycle which includes mother care, germination, cloning, vegetative, flowering and harvest. The Cultivation Technician also assists with monitoring plant health, environmental conditions, and tracking data through various cannabis specific software systems
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Performing plant propagation, transplanting, and crop rotation practices
- Performing daily tasks such as watering, pruning, defoliating, and trellising plants
- Scouting the garden for signs of plant pathogens and insect pest pressures
- Cleaning work areas and maintaining tools in accordance with sanitation standards.
- Washing pots/trays/plant tables, irrigation lines, etc.
- Preparing large batches of fertilizer stock tank solutions
- Creating plant barcode labels and moving inventory through computer software
- Monitoring and recording data such as soil moisture content, Ph, EC, as well as temperature and humidity levels
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
1-3 years of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
Working knowledge of medical cannabis and cannabis-infused product production from seed to sell. Alternatively, a background in horticulture and a willingness to learn.
Experience with inventory control methods.
Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Ability to build and maintain positive relationships to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
Ability to pay attention to detail and have good time management skills
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
- The job requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, lifting, or moving up to 25 pounds (or more with assistance from a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Working conditions also include varying range of temperature and humidity levels.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
About Columbia Care
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of medical and adult use cannabis products and related services with licenses in 18 US jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care currently operates 107 facilities1 including 80 dispensaries and 27 cultivation and manufacturing facilities. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the United States, and continues to deliver an industry-leading, patient-centered medicinal cannabis operation that has quickly expanded into the adult use market as a premier operator. The company currently offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. With more than four million sales transactions since its inception in 2012, Columbia Care is known for setting the standard for compassion, professionalism, quality, care, and innovation in the rapidly expanding cannabis industry. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit www.col-care.com.