As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The technicians are for executing cultivation plans in keeping with the Company’s operating procedures for indoor and outdoor cultivation. Technicians conduct the day-to-day assignments and tasks of the cannabis production cycle.
Cultivation: Cloning, cutting, and transplanting; watering; labeling; and inventory data input. Plant care during vegetative and flowering phase: trimming, manipulating, and staking; big leafing and pruning; watering; plant monitoring; inventory data input.
Harvesting: Cutting plants; weighing and inventory data input into the electronic inventory tracking system. Operating and maintaining cultivation systems/equipment; stocking and handling production inputs and supplies; sanitizing and cleaning growing rooms, cultivation workspaces and tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cloning: cutting, rooting, and transplanting; clone care, watering and feeding; clone monitoring and climate control; labeling; and inventory data input into state mandated electronic tracking system.
- Monitors growing conditions and reviews changes in humidity, moisture and temperature and cultivation procedures to ensure conformance with quality control standards.
- Inspects crop to ascertain conditions such as leaf texture, bloom size and the existence of pests or disease; removing substandard or diseased plants to maintain quality standards.
- Plant monitoring and care during vegetative and flowering phase: trimming and staking; big leafing and pruning; plant care, watering and feeding; plant monitoring and climate control; pest and disease control; inventory data input.
- Harvesting: cutting plants; trimming cut plants; removing flowering tops; weighing and inventory data input into the electronic inventory tracking system.
- Curing: hanging and dry-racking flowers; monitoring curing process and climate control; labeling; weighing and inventory data input.
- Operating and maintaining cultivation systems/equipment: monitoring, calibrating, running, and maintaining lighting, irrigation, climate control and other cultivation systems; stocking and handling production inputs and supplies; sanitizing and cleaning growing areas, cultivation workspaces and tools.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols.
- Other duties as required or needed to assist company in meeting goals
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Proven organizational, project planning, and prioritization skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Commitment to quality work, and customer service
- Resourceful and able to work independently with good judgment, initiative, and common sense
- Ability to anticipate needs, find alternative solutions and be proactive in achieving desired outcomes
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities
- Upholds a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, including flexible and/or extended hours as needed
- Meeting, event, and calendar planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), associate degree a plus
- Experience in the cannabis or agricultural industry not required, but preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of growing technologies, such as lights, irrigation, soil, nutrients, and more
- Knowledge of different strains and their unique growing demand
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organization skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Excellent verbal interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members
- Basic weights and measurement skills, ability to operate a scale
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
- Microsoft Office experience, especially MS Word
- Exposed to heat and cold and internal temperature changes; exposed to outside working environments
- Focus on a physical task for a prolonged period without losing edge
- Working in an agricultural environment and ability to work 10 to 20 feet off the ground using ladders
- Manual dexterity; enough to reach/handle items, work with fingers
- Ability to lift and carry fifty pounds unaided on a regular basis
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time depending on your position and/or getting up and down through your work shift
We recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, we want to hear from you! AYR Wellness is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.