Continuous Improvement/OPEX Specialist
Full Time, Leamington,ON
About Tilray Brands Inc.
Tilray Brands is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
This position leads continuous improvement efforts in all Tilray Brands Inc. sites across CANADA. This role supports all Operations by challenging the status quo, seeking new, innovative, and more efficient means of meeting customer value (Quality, Cost, Delivery) by improving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Costs and Employee Engagement in all our internal processes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Define opportunities for improvement across all sites of Tilray Brands Inc.; define qualitative and quantitative goals and objectives for each improvement initiative.
- Apply continuous improvement and quality tools to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control processes such as Pareto diagram, Fishbone diagram, Flow Diagram, Scatter Diagram, Control Charts, Brainstorming, SIPOC, Process Mapping, PDCA, SWOT analysis, 5W’s.
- Identify the T.E.A.M. (Tilray Excellence Achievement Model) principles applicable to the Tilray Brands Inc. internal customers, lead and coordinate cross functional teams in the process of implementing T.E.A.M. principles.
- Promote the benefits and advantages of implementing those in Tilray operations.
- Establish, implement, monitor, and report on KPI related to T.E.A.M. and continuous improvement processes.
- Determine and communicate critical improvement projects, scope and timeline of the project, data and information, the benefits to the internal and external customers, risk, and mitigation actions.
- Determine the resources and skills needed to achieve the stated goals and objectives; lead and coordinate the resources and skills to continuously implement and drive changes. Determine and take necessary steps to build and facilitate a team capable of continuously improving quality and performance.
- Identify inputs and outputs of the processes, design data and information collection plan; determine and apply quality and statistical tools to measure the performance of the processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A university degree in science, engineering, management, business, supply chain, or a college degree in industrial engineering, technology, or science.
- Two + years of experience in the manufacturing/tooling industry.
- Continuous-improvement certification at the Green or Black Belt level.
- Familiar with quality tools, lean manufacturing principles, continuous improvement.
- Training and experience in Six Sigma (especially at the Black Belt level) will be considered an asset.
- Work experience and knowledge in process capability assessments and process mapping.
- Experience in benchmarking, gap analysis and change management.
- Advanced Excel and Statistical Analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to any of the Company’s work locations in Canada.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High
Park, please send an email inquiry to \email@example.com