Who We Are: Schwazze (OTCQX: SHWZ) is executing its vision to become one of the nation’s largest vertically integrated cannabis holding companies by revenue. Upon the completion of its announced acquisitions, its portfolio will consist of top-tier licensed brands spanning cultivation, extraction, infused-product manufacturing, dispensary operations, consulting, and a nutrient line. Schwazze leadership includes Colorado cannabis leaders with proven expertise in product and business development as well as top-tier executives from Fortune 500 companies. As a leading platform for vertical integration, Schwazze is strengthening the operational efficiency of the cannabis industry in Colorado and beyond, promoting sustainable growth and increased access to capital, while delivering best-quality service and products to the end consumer. For more information, please visit our website: www.schwazze.com.
Job Title: Manager of Compliance
Salary Range: $75,000-100,000
Type: Full- Time
Reports: General Counsel
The Manager of Compliance will document and facilitate regulatory processes and training procedures for the organization's cultivation, processing, and dispensary licenses, including 3rd party contracts. Other duties include license audits, site inspections, license renewals, or registrations/license updates. In addition, the manager will compile and prepare materials for submission to regulatory agencies
- Communicate with regulatory agencies regarding pre-submission strategies, potential regulatory pathways, compliance requirements, or clarification and follow-up of submissions under review.
- Schedule with and escort state inspectors during inspections and provide post-inspection follow-up information as requested.
- Analyze regulatory deficiencies or complaints and make recommendations regarding their correction.
- Coordinate, prepare or review regulatory submissions for state-specific licensing entities in states where the company operates.
- Interpret regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that they are communicated through corporate policies and procedures, including communication with management.
- Assist with a technical review of data or reports that will be incorporated into regulatory submissions to assure scientific rigor, accuracy, and clarity of presentation.
- Assist with the review of product promotional materials, labeling, batch records, specification sheets, or test methods for compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Advise project teams on subjects such as pre-market/pre-inspection/pre-license regulatory requirements, export and labeling requirements, or other regulatory compliance issues.
- Compile and maintain regulatory documentation databases or systems.
- Coordinate efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions.
- Determine the types of regulatory submissions or internal documentation that are required in situations such as proposed changes in collaboration with the Legal Department.
- Maintain current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
- Obtain and distribute updated information regarding regulations, laws, guidelines, or standards.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of additional information or responses as requested by regulatory agencies.
- Prepare or maintain technical files as necessary to obtain and sustain license approval.
- Recommend changes to company procedures in response to changes in regulations or standards.
- Review and revise protocols to ensure collection of data needed for regulatory submissions.
- Perform audits for each license on a scheduled basis.
- Train employees on current regulations and rules.
- Write or update standard operating procedures, work instructions, or policies.
Knowledge and Other Skills:
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they're completed effectively the first time.
- Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) support badge and be 21 years of age or older.
- Reliable transportation for occasional travel to sites and delivery of applications.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Prior experience in a regulatory compliance position, familiarity with state regulatory entities, and experience in the cannabis industry are mandatory. Prior experience training employees with an understanding of adult learning styles.
- Prior experience in a paralegal or legal administrative position is a plus.
- Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED) support badge and be 21 years of age or older
Working Conditions (Schedule, Environment, Travel)
- Monday – Friday (8 am- 5 pm) standard office hours
- Some Travel and Weekend Work may be required based on the needs of the business
- Exposure to fertilizer, dust, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
Schwazze is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.