Summer Internship - Communications Intern
Location: Toronto, ON
Full-time. Paid Internship
Duration: 15 weeks, May - August 2022
Tilray is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Reporting to the Communication and Digital Manager, the Communications Intern will be responsible for supporting the Global Communications Team. As a member of the Communications team, the Communications Intern will assist in the creation, execution, and scheduling of social media activities, internal communications of daily media activities, internal databases of images, resources, and administrative duties. This role offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in a growing and exciting industry.
- Support the Communications Team in the execution of Tilray’s Internal and External strategy
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and agency partners on PR campaigns
- Create and update the digital imagery library database
- Support content creation across corporate online channels, including website and social media
- Daily distribution of Tilray’s media activities to all employees
- Support strategic communications and PR programs
- Assist with drafting written materials, including press releases, media pitches, blog posts, Q&As, and other materials
- Support measurement and analysis of external and internal communications programs
- Monitor and report on company, brand and industry news coverage and sentiment
- At least a 2nd year student in a Communications or Media program
- Highly organized and efficient
- Graphic design skills, comfortable managing Company social media accounts
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative with strong communication skills
- Can work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- A strong sense of teamwork and accountability
- Strong writing, content creation, copyediting and proofreading skills. (Writing sample or assignment maybe requested.)
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or on-boarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the
sending address exactly.