As a Client Partner, you will work with our clients to help them achieve their business outcomes. The Client Partner will work with our clients to understand their goals and objectives, while also increasing product adoption and usage. The right person will have a strong background in client retention, sales, communication skills, as well as creativity to help our customers think outside the box.
The impact you'll make:
- Drive growth with new and existing customers through initial and ongoing sales consultations
- Develop client relationships to serve as a trusted consultant to build and optimize their wholesale business
- Partner with Account Strategist to drive effective onboarding of new customers and utilization of products
- Work with marketing to deliver partner collateral to drive engagement
- Generate Weedmaps.com incentive programs with partners to promote adoption
- Maintain a deep understanding of the ongoing product and technology developments across the Weedmaps portfolio
- Work with Partners to identify the product fit for their wholesale need
- Lead customer experience (including onboarding, consultations, and proactive outreach) to become a trusted partner and deliver business outcomes for our valued clients
- Run performance reviews with in-depth knowledge of client health, performance, and opportunities
- Be a product advocate by working closely with Management, Product and Engineering utilizing both quantitative and qualitative feedback
What you've accomplished:
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 6 years of experience in online sales, business-development, agency and digital advertising sales/marketing
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- 8+ years of relevant experience in digital advertising sales or agency work
- Knowledge of Weedmaps products such as Weedmaps Ads
- Strategic and analytical sales approach with a focus on building relationships with clients
- Deep understanding of the industry's issues, a vision for its growth and a commitment to advance Weedmaps' forward-looking strategies within the marketplace
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.