SPARQ RETAIL is now looking for a Retail Store Manager for our upcoming Norwood location! This position is full-time with hours expected to be 40+ weekly, beginning late May / Early June 2022.
We are looking for individuals to act as the face of our brand who are interested in helping to overcome current stigmas and stereotypes surrounding recreational cannabis. We aim to offer a customer experience that is educational and exceeds expectations from initial contact with our store associates right through to the purchase of product.
We are never satisfied and are always looking for ways to improve the experience and products that we offer our guests. We look to our team members to help us make changes and suggest new ideas in order to stay on the leading edge of positive experiences in cannabis retail.
Successful candidates will be professional, trustworthy, enthusiastic and greet all customers in a warm and welcoming manner.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Opening and closing the retail store
- Scheduling staff
- Collaborate with management team to execute promotions and in-store events
- Interface with licensed producers
- Organizing in-store events and training
- Assisting with training of retail staff
- Overseeing the retail sales floor
Resolving customer complaints and preforming quality assurance intakes
Preforming inventory counts
Assisting with weekly order planning and inventory control measures
Maintain general knowledge of current government regulations regarding the retail sale of recreational cannabis to ensure compliance with the AGCO regulations for the sale of cannabis
Comprehensive knowledge of the cannabis industry and the products the we offer (strains, flavour profiles, consumption methods etc).
Participate in discussions with the management team to suggest areas of improvement and to provide feedback on processes
We are seeking candidates to join our team who are passionate and will provide the customer with an experience that is second to none.
- 3+ years retail experience
- Previous retail cannabis experience preferred
- Working knowledge of cannabis and its related products considered an asset
- Previous management experience considered an asset
- CANNSELL certified or ability to become CANNSELL certified
- Health and safety certifications considered an asset
- A desire to grow within our growing company
- High levels of integrity and personal responsibility
- Excellent organizational skills
Strong communication skills
Basic computer / tablet knowledge
A working knowledge of the retail cannabis industry products and trends is considered an asset
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
Work well with others as part of a team
Availability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Understand federal, provincial, and municipal laws surrounding the industry as well as safety regulations
Per the AGCO requirements, all employees must pass a criminal background check and be 19 years of age or older.
SPARQ RETAIL is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for taking the time to apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume and cover letter (*please note any relevant experience or knowledge in a cover letter) through Indeed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Hand sanitizing, sanitizing high touch surfaces, curbside pickup available
- Do you have previous dispensary or cannabis experience?
- Retail Management: 2 years (preferred)
- Retail Sales: 3 years (preferred)
- CANNSELL License (preferred)