Quick Apply Full-time2 hours ago
Full Job Description
Role and Responsibilities
The Cannabis Post-Harvest Manager will be responsible for overseeing daily operations, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, process optimization and coordinating the activities of post-harvest teams in accordance with corporate SOPs and all occupational safety and health standards established by the Occupational Safety and Health Act, state and local regulations. This position is responsible for meeting budget requirements assigned by the Chief Horticulture Officer.
- Plan, organize direct, control and coordinate all activities for workers in cannabis post-harvest departments including harvest, drying, curing, trimming, packaging, and product transfer.
- Continual improvement and process optimization of all post-harvest departments. Creation and maintenance of production/efficiency reports.
- Planning and organizing cannabis drying/curing and packaging schedules, ensuring proper quality control and compliance every step of the way.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of post-harvest personnel (quality inspectors, quotas, workers etc.)
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all nonexempt personnel and temporary employees as well as exit interviews for post-harvest personnel.
- Monitor labor and production to ensure the required efficiencies are in place.
- Maintain labor percentages within agreed upon budgets.
- Interface with Inventory, Logistics, Laboratory, Dry/Cure and Packaging to optimize production flow through post-harvest operations.
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines required by upper management and needs of dispensaries.
- Monitor harvest/post-harvest procedures to resolve issues.
- Assess projects and determine necessary resources (workforce, raw materials, etc.)
- Ensure production requirements are analyzed and work is assigned based upon the capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives.
- Provide other departments with production completion forecasts monthly. Develop daily, weekly and monthly plans.
- Oversee and direct department cleanliness, sanitation, and order.
- Understand and adhere to organizational and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge and adherence to Cannabis Control Commission, OSHA, Food Safety and company policies and procedures and ensuring the constant improvement of the team’s knowledge base, including safety awareness.
- Ensure successful team development through leadership, proper orientation and relevant training methods.
- Maintain job-related confidentiality.
- Select, order, and purchase materials following proper company purchasing procedures.
- Resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner with assistance from General Manager and HR as needed and required.
- Participate actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Communicate respectfully at all times with all levels of staff.
- Attendance at work and punctuality.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Investigate all adverse events, errors and complaints; document investigations and determine the root cause.
- Remain flexible and adaptable in adjusting to changing project needs in evolving situations.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
We will follow all CDC guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albuquerque, NM 87107: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Cannabis: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location