As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
AYR Wellness is looking for a Logistics Driver. This role will report to the Logistics Manager as part of the AYR Wellness Logistics Team. They will ensure the safe and secure delivery of AYR products via company delivery vehicle to both AYR locations and wholesale locations throughout the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes secure/monitored deliveries from the cultivation facility to AYR dispensaries and other AYR customer locations.
- Ensures safety practices are used when driving AYR company vehicles.
- Inspects AYR delivery vehicles before deliveries ensuring vehicle are safe for deliveries.
- Ensuring valid inspection sticker and vehicle registration paperwork is up to date and in delivery vehicles.
- Brings vehicles to repair locations when maintenance issues arise such as brake jobs, new tires, oil changes, windshield wiper blades, inspections, etc.
- Maintain vehicles to operational standard - insure vacuumed, washed, and other incidentals
- Maintain fuel levels – at least ½ tank and assure that they are fueled for the next day.
- Must be able to understand road maps related to the state highways and roads.
- Become familiar with MJ and Leaf Logics programs to understand the delivery Manifest.
- Safe and secure handling of customer received payment checks during deliveries.
- In down time, report to Packaging or Fulfilment for assignment.
- Perform and participate in additional projects and priorities as needed.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treating everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
Must be dependable, professional, and confident. And be able to follow instructions and respond to management direction
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Must be 25 years of age or older with 6 years of satisfactory driving history (driving/insurance requirements)
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
- High school diploma/GED required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous employment in delivery driving preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and situational awareness
- Ability to work under the pressure of constant and changing deadlines
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Team player with excellent listening, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be trustworthy and maintain confidential information
This person may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree. This person will be traveling between dispensaries and manufacturing facilities within AYR Wellness.
Sitting, standing, and walking motion/movement will be required
- Lifting or moving items up to 50 pounds may be required
- Driving/operating a delivery vehicle and delivering packages between facilities is required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.**
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.