As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The responsibility of the Custodian will be to keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. The Custodian will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and ceilings, cleaning and stocking restrooms, dusting, and removing trash. This position will work with the facilities department in maintaining a sanitary environment for the employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties in the common areas of the building
- Follow SSOPs related to sanitation
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and employee break rooms
- Cleaning and supplying (stocking) paper towels, toilet paper, soap etc.
- Cleaning of refrigerators on at least a monthly basis
- Follow proper waste removal practices
- Ensure that dedicated cleaning tools are used in the appropriate locations
- Adherence to all safety and GMP policies; Assists in examining facilities for safety hazards; reports deficiencies to lead custodian, and/or safety manager.
- Follow all Health and Safety requirements
- Documenting cleaning schedule daily (signing off on daily check sheets)
- Ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to keep the facilities clean and orderly.
- Must meet the age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies
Education – select one, remove remainder
- High School diploma or equivalent required
Experience – select one, remove remainder
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform essential functions
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Ability to interact with employees, vendors, and visitors while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
This person may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree. This person will be traveling between dispensaries and manufacturing facilities within AYR Wellness.
- Prolonged periods standing.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.**
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.