Isn’t it time you took a step towards a brighter way forward? Zen Leaf is growing, and we are looking to add passionate, customer service focused talent to our store! The Cannabis Advisor is responsible for providing exceptional individualized customer service, educational consulting, and in some cases patient record management.
Our ideal Cannabis Advisor has a positive upbeat attitude and a desire to help people find the best product for their needs. A background in retail and hospitality is highly preferred (1-2 years), but customer service experience is required.
- Possess a positive attitude while greeting customers and patients
- Be an advocate of cannabis customer care
- Help customers and patients navigate through cannabis and educate them on how it can be used as a wellness product
- Build rapport with regular patients/customers to promote repeat business
- Work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment
- Provide patients and customers alike with information on types, methods and efficacy of various cannabis products (we do not provide medical advice)
- Be open to continued, on-going cannabis education and training
- Provide support to managers and other Cannabis Consultants as needed
- Maintain a clean, organize, and sanitize workstation/store front
- Ensure accuracy of online orders before pick-up
- Understand and apply detailed compliance regulations as required by local and state laws
- Stock, merchandise, and replenish displays of regulated and unregulated inventory
- Complete transactions at the POS and ensure the state monitored inventory system (METRC, BioTrack, etc.) accurately updates the amount of product available
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of retail or hospitality experience
- Must be 21 years of age and comply with all local, state, and company regulations
- Required to undergo a criminal background check and appropriate state badging (as directed by state ordinances)
- Desire to learn about cannabinoids, terpenes and product application/consumption methods
- Ability to use office equipment (computers and printers) and their included software i.e. Word, Excel, email, etc.
- Learn and understand Federal, State, and local laws relating to the cannabis industry and safety regulations
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 20 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounter while performing the essential functions of this position.
Zen Leaf is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.