Business Manager – Penn/Kalamazoo, MI
The Penn/Kalamazoo Farm Cannabis Operation is a key expansion for GRIP Cannabis. We are hiring for multiple farms in the Penn/Kalamazoo area that are up to 50 acres in size. They hold up to 50,000 plants producing approx. 125,000 pounds of finished goods. Employee count in the peak season (August-November) can be up to 150 team members. The Business Manager provides leadership and management of all HR and purchasing operations. They report to the General Manager of the Facility.
- Onboard new employees and manage all ongoing HR functions at the facility.
- Manage all facility expenses including purchasing, labor, and inventory. Develop relationships with key suppliers (internal and external) to ensure high quality relationships, products, and services.
- Responsible for all MRA compliance including facility requirements, HR, and inventory.
- Perform regular MRA compliance audits, report and correct any opportunities.
- Proactively champion a culture focused on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), driving a zero-incident culture. Empower employees and drive accountability for EHS to all levels in the organization.
- Create a culture of exceeding customer expectations, ensuring that the organization is highly responsive to customer needs. Work with key stakeholders across Marketing, Sales, HR, and Operations to achieve end-to-end goals.
- Establish inventory purchasing plans and proactively manage inventory to profit plan, driving improved and sustainable processes.
- Continuously improve operations through alignment with GRIP goals and a strong focus on driving a Continuous Improvement Culture.
- Build organizational capability by ensuring motivation and retention of a high-performance team and workforce.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that perpetuates the vision of GRIP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with high performance teams, leading cross-functionality, and developing employees.
- Minimum 2 years balancing a budget and order processing.
- Strong collaborative skills with proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Advanced Microsoft and Outlook skills
- Agriculture and/or cannabis experience preferred
- Metrc experience
- $50-70,000 salary based on experience. Opportunities for advancement and incentives.
- Full-time, permanent employment
- Number of openings: 3
- Schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Peak times may require flexible schedule to meet needs of the business.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, 401(k) matching, Vision, Life, Referral program, HSA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Township of Penn, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location