HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the world’s largest cannabis information resource. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Look For In Our Business Development Reps
As a Business Development Representative you will report to the Director of Business Development and be responsible for forming relationships with the industry and identify new opportunities. The right candidate will see the opportunity to monetize a niche, rapidly-growing digital audience in a burgeoning industry. They will take a critical role in executing the company’s sales strategy. Here are some of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Conducts needs assessment calls with outbound leads and qualifies opportunities for account executives
- Works closely and collaboratively with the account executive team to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans
- Understands target markets and conducts high volume prospecting (50-100 calls per day)
- Does regular market research to add relevant brands to Leafly's database
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Maintains strong relationships with externally with current clients and internally with sales and marketing teams
- 1-3 years’ experience in a business or sales development role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in a selling role
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Technical aptitude to master our CRM system (Salesforce)
- Highly self-driven sense of motivation
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a business-related program, preferred
Please, no phone calls/no recruiting agencies.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended. Job may require travel outside the continental U.S.