HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the world’s largest cannabis information resource. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for driven, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you’ll never be bored. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In Our Business Development Manager:
You are a successful, passionate sales professional with a proven track record of managing people and overachieving your quotas. You have previously mastered the entire sales cycle as a Business Development Representative and Account Executive in the SaaS industry. From working inbound leads as an SDR, cold calling outbound prospects as a BDR, and managing an opportunity pipeline with excellent follow up as an AE. When it comes to raw data, you are able to find the narrative between the numbers and sell the story. As a sales leader, you are driven by challenges and enjoy collaborating with colleagues to reach team goals. You tend to be more organized than others and have a wealth of experience using Salesforce and Outreach. You are motivated by your team's success and tend to rise to the top sales organizations as an enthusiastic self-starter that champions time management and creative problem solving. And to boot, your clients and employees LOVE you.
What We Are Looking For In This Role:
As a Business Development Manager, you will help our sales team drive new business revenue by growing Leafly’s market penetration with legal cannabis brands worldwide. Your goal will be to set as many qualified meetings and create as many opportunities as possible for the Account Executive team to pitch and close. Our SaaS and advertising products allow our clients to convert Leafly’s diverse, engaged audience into high average value orders and loyal customers. Managerial duties will be focused on converting as many THC brand and storefront leads as possible from our inbound lead flow and setting as many meetings as possible for our outbound prospects. This is a fast-paced work environment; the ability to work quickly and independently under pressure is essential. Though most of your work will be done out of the office, the power of face-to-face interaction can be valuable and travel may be required. Here are some of your day to day responsibilities:
- Drive revenue and grow market share to meet or exceed monthly meetings set targets and revenue targets
- Become a market expert able to provide valuable insights on the highest value territories to prospects that will help our new business team drive revenue
- Consistently evaluate total addressable market opportunity and manage the business development team accordingly
- Work independently as well as coordinate shared effort as part of a global sales team
- Employ a sense of urgency in lead qualification, outbound prospecting and follow-up
- Use customer relationship management software (Salesforce and Outreach) to log all communication and record vital account and contact information
- Achieve team revenue and meetings set targets
- Work closely with leadership on sales strategy and forecast in order to create and manage a robust, healthy sales pipeline and funnel for the Account Executive team.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales Leadership Team and territory partners to develop and deliver an appropriate, relevant, and effective narrative for prospect and client communications
- Collect feedback to recommend improvements to existing or development of new products, service, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Maintain expert industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Monitor competition by gathering and reporting current marketplace intel (pricing, products, new services, marketing strategies and merchandising techniques) to Sales Leadership
- Fully understand federal and provincial rules and regulations surrounding cannabis, cannabis retail, and advertising/marketing cannabis within assigned territory
- Travel across the United States and Canada may be required (must be able to travel freely, including drive, rent a car, and obtain insurance)
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience as an individual contributor at the Business Development Representative and Account Executive level. Minimum of 2 years of sales experience as a Sales Manager preferably in B2B online media, SaaS, and/or advertising sales
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to consistently exceed sales quotas as a manager of employees.
- Self-motivated with strong people management skills, prospecting techniques, knowledge of inbound lead flow/routing, and the ability to maximize efficiency in the sales cycle.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce and Outreach CRM software.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively across different teams or departments
- Strong understanding of web-based advertising and/or SaaS sales
- Knowledgeable about Leafly and general interest in cannabis industry and legalization
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.