Fernway is a cannabis brand with its production & fulfillment facility located in Northampton, Massachusetts. The company is a dynamic, rapidly-growing cannabis start-up.
Fernway is dedicated to building a diverse team and committed to promoting equity among people of color, particularly Black, African American, Hispanic, Latinx, Indigenous people, women, Veterans, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people. Members of these groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Seeking an experienced graphic designer for hands-on creation of highly crafted visual design deliverables, including marketing collateral, retail display materials, sales materials, email campaigns, product packaging, event materials, style guides, merchandise, icons, infographics, and other Fernway brand assets. The job is full-time with an opportunity for hybrid in-person/remote work.
If candidates are not local, this role can be performed remotely with regular (1-2x/month minimum) on-site days at Fernway’s Northampton headquarters required.
Please attach or provide a link to your portfolio when submitting your application.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams and stakeholders to create a wide range of materials that may include marketing materials, web pages, presentations, collateral, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and more
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within established brand identity
- Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding best practices for using a content management system
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with marketing team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects
- Being accountable for the production of fast-turn, day-to-day creative assets as well as working on long-term, strategic projects
- Act as the custodian of the visual identity guidelines by encouraging the business to follow the guidelines and keeping an eye out for any discrepancies
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or similar discipline
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- 3+ years in professional graphic design, preferably with a creative or marketing agency
- 5+ years experience (academic or professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Shopify and content management systems a plus
- Desire to continue to grow skill set with ongoing education and training