Weedmaps is seeking a Brand Associate to be responsible for the development and execution of brand campaigns and related projects from inception to completion with a focus on awareness, acquisition, and retention of customers. Working collaboratively with the Marketing Leads, Creative and Operations team, the brand associate will oversee campaign timelines, creative deliverables, messaging, legal approval and execution of project plans.
The impact you'll make:
- Manage and lead the execution of marketing campaigns and key moments from start to finish by driving collaboration with stakeholders and the operational aspects of campaign projects including timelines, asset development, budget, and deliverables
- Thorough understanding of brand strategy/positioning and develop marketing briefs to bring campaigns to life on strategy and on brand.
- Work with the Marketing Ops Team to develop campaign decks for each initiative, from planning, execution, to post-recap.
- Work with Legal to receive messaging approval, update disclaimers, and to respond to tactical questions/requests.
- Assist and lead the planning and execution of creative brainstorms
- Bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale
- Measure outputs against internal and external measures and deliver continuous improvement
- Manage/track risks and dependencies across all tactics and recommend/implement mitigation courses of action as needed.
- Cross-functional lead representing the broader marketing org to provide detailed project plans and status in the Go-To-Market meetings.
What you've accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years related work experience in marketing or brand management.
- Knowledge of cannabis culture
- Strongly collaborative approach, with good understanding of when to support partners and when to challenge
- Solid written and verbal skills to develop clear marketing briefs, frame program objectives, and effectively communicate results and recommendations to executives, cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborative leadership skills that encourage exchange of ideas and cooperation across cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management experience with expertise in managing multiple projects through competing and conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills; analytic skills a plus.
- Can meet tight deadlines with an exceptional eye for detail
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to develop presentations.
- Creative development/production experience is a plus.
- Global or multicultural experience is a plus.
- Strong track record of success managing partnerships such as agency relationships.
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!