Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
The Brand Ambassador is responsible for supporting our portfolio of owned THC product brands, and working with other Marketing team members and cross-functional partners to reach or exceed revenue targets for the portfolio. The key focus of the role includes: 1) supporting brand activations in retail 2) supporting brand activations at consumer and trade events, while 3) working with cross functional partners across the business.
What You’ll Do
- Work with marketing and sales teams to support the company portfolio of brands in retail.
- Execute physical merchandising of accounts – setting up displays with product and other collateral. Ensure all visuals and copy is on-brand and displayed according to brand standards.
- Execute digital merchandising of accounts – ensuring they have all needed imagery, menu copy, lifestyle imagery, etc. to properly represent the brand and products.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of retail activations and submit all needed reporting to understand activation performance
- Plan, schedule and execute budtender trainings so properly equip accounts to share product and brand features and benefits with consumers.
- Plan, schedule and execute Patient Appreciate Days (PADs) or demos in accounts as requested.
- Stay current on market trends and competitive commercial activity
- Work with marketing and sales teams to support the company portfolio at consumer and trade events.
- Manage brand booth/table or other designated area – bringing all materials and assisting with physical setup and breakdown of activation.
- Engage with consumers, buyers or other event attendees sharing brand and product attributes.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of event activations and submit all needed reporting to understand activation performance.
- Logistics/coordination and administrative support as assigned.
- Establishes clear and stretching goals, communicates and delegates key responsibilities, and actively utilizes all performance, development, and career tools to their full potential.
- Drives positive customer relations and delivers sustainable results through being a positive role model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in the CPG or related industry a plus.
- Experience in the hospitality industry a plus.
- A deep understanding of the cannabis industry, with knowledge of various product types, consumption methods, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis related vocabulary and products preferred but not required.
- Retail: This position will work in an indoor facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and working in close proximity with customers and staff.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and may work in proximity with customers and staff.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Frequent travel required; Requires travel to different dispensaries and locations throughout assigned area, particularly during peak times.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to other office locations.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Required to have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving history. Must have own transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.