The Kurvana Brand Ambassador plays a key role in representing the Kurvana brand at cannabis retail accounts and other events throughout the specified market. This position supports both the Marketing and Sales teams to increase brand visibility, activation, and industry trade engagements.
- Support Marketing and Sales teams in the field through best-in-class implementation of retail events, product trainings and trade engagement programs (i.e. patient appreciation days, etc.).
- Represent the brand and company in a positive and professional manner at all retail events, outside events, and on social media.
- Maintain high level of product knowledge and clearly communicate product benefits to trade partners and consumers.
- Activate retail accounts within a specified territory by completing staff trainings, creating incentives and sales promotions, promoting events, and merchandising product displays.
- Gather market insights and competitive intelligence from time spent in the field and deliver information to marketing and R&D to help craft actionable solutions.
- Consistently monitor account list in collaboration with Sales and Trade Marketing team to ensure adherence to Brand Guidelines at the account level.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with industry and dispensary contacts.
- Work with Sales and Trade Marketing team to implement best-in-class trade engagement platforms, including education and appreciation initiatives.
- Collaborate with Sales Team to identify account needs, growth opportunities, and quickly bring solutions to the retail channel.
- Utilize creative thinking to set the Kurvana brand apart from the competition
- Generate weekly reports around account displays, staff trainings, and events in specified territory for Sales Team to review and analyze.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Sales skills, including persuasion, overcoming objections, active listening, and negotiation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Skilled in relationship building.
- Excellent time-management skills.
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and personal vehicle
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 2 + years of experience in events, retail, customer service, or related field
- Passionate about the cannabis industry
- Willing to undergo a background check in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in the cannabis industry.
- Experience using social media to promote a product or brand.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business, or related field.
A Successful Candidate
- Has a positive and upbeat attitude with exceptional people skills
- Is passionate about cannabis and its benefits
- Is familiar with the Kurvana brand and family of products.
- Is comfortable public speaking in front of large and small audiences
- Ability to represent the brand positively and professionally in a variety of environments
- Is familiar with basic event marketing, promotions, and sales tactics.
- Adapts quickly to an evolving market
- Is highly self-motivated and results driven.